OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Aug 1, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #407 of 761
I am interested in the PM-2 demo. I agree to the terms and conditions.

Aug 2, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #409 of 761
WOOOO go destiny ;P. So they're warmy? In comparison to the PM-3's or in general? That was my only real big complaint is they were a bit light unless paired to a tube. But reading about your ears, how was the mesh over the driver, the PM-3's always brushed against my ear which is what fatigued me, everything else was sublime. EEEWWWWWWW just thought, what is you could put padding like whats on the Beyerdynamic DT880s on these :O. I think I'd be in heaven!!! Looking forward to reading your review man.

Aug 6, 2015 at 3:41 AM Post #410 of 761
I am interested in the demo for the PM-2 and I agree to the terms and conditions.

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #411 of 761
Just got the Oppo PM-1's in this afternoon!! Super excited to listen to these this week. Review will come at the end but here's my unboxing. But foremost thanks a ton to @Jiffy Squid for allowing me to participate in this program which allows me to experience such art pieces, Thank You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=707aWA_uOkA&ab_channel=xArmyFiredawgx

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:40 AM Post #412 of 761
Demoing the pm-1's, so far, I'm super impressed.  Classical music really comes to life with these, can't wait to keep going through my music collection.  Good job with the loaner program Jiffy, the wait went by quick, and the headphones are in excellent condition.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #413 of 761
Army, so glad you got them. I lost the tracking number. I"m soon sorry to you and Chris.  I wasn't able to spend the time I wanted to with the 1's.

I do feel that they are some of the most comfortable can's I"ve used.  Their sound was very natural.  I was using my Music Hall 25.3 DAC/amp and it worked well.  I had the volume up a bit on it, but they were detailed without being fatiguing.  That was huge for me.  I think the balance was very even. Nothing stood out and for that I'm thankful.  If the music had a lot of bass, it was there in quality. Bass heads won't be looking in this price range I don't think, but if they are, they should look elsewhere.  These seemed to be very honestly headphones.  There was plenty of detail and I'd put these more on the warmer side rather than cool side of things.  there was a lot of promise here and I'm so sorry I didn't have the time to give them a full romp.  Thanks to Oppo for making these available to all.

Aug 7, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #414 of 761
I'm truley loving the PM-1 is there any way I can be added to the PM-2 list as well for I'm bliwn away by these but the price point is a bit high and the PM-2 use the same driver just not as premiumly made. If I can I'd greatly appreciate it thank you.

Aug 11, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #416 of 761
Oh dude, and sorry to everyone still waiting (it's been several months for me), but the PM-2 is exactly as good as I feared it could be, lol. Only first impressions so far, but overall very balanced and coherent sound signature, not in-your-face and yet really easy to pick up on new details (decent separation and fast initial impact), good imaging, bass is warmly pleasant and has a little little more natural decay (improving on the PM-3), horns sound rich and fulfilling but not bloomy.

Just a few hours first testing with Sony PS4 + Creative X7, in the games Entwined and Destiny. I don't recall the storage vaults in the Reef to so easily apparently make a buzzing sound effect and the cool echo chamber effect where Xur is this week, but again these minutia and environmental things aren't in-your-face. I think it's also very worth mentioning that I had no sonic fatigue after 4-straight hours playing at a moderate volume, though the alt-leather pads did inspire my (semi-large, picky, sensitive, perhaps snobby) ears to take a few seconds break from the physical touch. Will continue testing and try all the pads, and tube amp and more music!

Its been a week and 3 days. I am next in line for this pair. Have you sent it out yet?

Aug 11, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #418 of 761
I would like to try them and agree to the terms and conditions.

I currently have one of the demo PM-3's and I believe the larger cup of the PM-1/2's might be just the ticket. I'd probably prefer the PM-2's as they would likely be the pair I'd buy, but if the list is shorter for the PM-1's, that is fine as well. They are so similar in build that I don't believe it makes a big . A big thanks to JiffySquid and OPPO for making this program possible.

Aug 12, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #420 of 761
Hi
Its been a week and 3 days. I am next in line for this pair. Have you sent it out yet?

Hi kenman!
Just got your address last night and sent it out before collection today, it should arrive Friday. I put the stock pads back on, someone earlier though thoughtfully wrote Lambskin Original in sharpie on the back of those pads so you don't get them mixed up. When you get it, could you help me remember which pads had the larger ear opening?

Hope you enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back