OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program
Jun 15, 2015 at 12:43 PM Post #346 of 761
Good Afternoon,

I would be interested in being added to the Oppo PM-1 list.  I understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this program.

Thanks
MWSVette

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #347 of 761
Hi, just notifying (as requested) that I received the PM-1 last night.  Will give it some good head-time starting tonight 
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #349 of 761
  OPPO's stuff is good, but definitely a little overpriced.

I thinks its safe to say ALL electronics are overpriced :) The things that set these apart are the materials they use on the PM-1 and somewhat on the PM-2. Now the HA-2 on the other hand is definitely not overpriced. It does damn near everything and for a very reasonable price. I had higher hopes for the PM-3 and was super critical at first but now they are probably the only pair I listen to because of how versatile, comfortable, and good looking they are. Are they perfect sounding no but lets be honest, there is no such thing as the perfect pair but what Oppo has done is made a beautiful product with high quality pieces that fit almost every situation. 

But yah, if they lower prices I'll be first in line to grab a pair lol 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #350 of 761

I thinks its safe to say ALL electronics are overpriced :) The things that set these apart are the materials they use on the PM-1 and somewhat on the PM-2. Now the HA-2 on the other hand is definitely not overpriced. It does damn near everything and for a very reasonable price. I had higher hopes for the PM-3 and was super critical at first but now they are probably the only pair I listen to because of how versatile, comfortable, and good looking they are. Are they perfect sounding no but lets be honest, there is no such thing as the perfect pair but what Oppo has done is made a beautiful product with high quality pieces that fit almost every situation. 

But yah, if they lower prices I'll be first in line to grab a pair lol 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I own the PM-3 and find the same types of things you are saying. They are very good for what they are. The price is a little steep, I think a better price point is $350 MSRP but for $399 its right in-line with competitors which I feel it's much better in both sound as well as aesthetics and accessories. What planar magnetics would you like on the go? Oppo or a competitor? The answer is clear, you can be a stealth audiophile without sacrificing anything for its genre of headphones (portable). 

To keep things back on track, I am excited to try the PM-2. I ordered from eBay a cable for it that I will reterminate with a balanced 4-Pin XLR so I can try it SE and Balanced with my X Fi. The price was right so I figured its worth it to try the headphones out with the actual setup I would use them with. It should arrive here around a week or two before the PM-2's should get to me. If I buy a pair of PM-2's in the future, I'll have it and if I do not like them, then I can try the PM-1's or just decide to sell the cable, which I am sure I should make back at least half my money, which makes it a solid investment.

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #351 of 761
Shipped the PM-1 off to the next on the list.

Having spent a little under a week with these very nicely built headphones, I will say that overall I am impressed.
Review is up here now if anyone is interested in seeing my thoughts and a direct comparison to my current favorite headphones (Viso HP50s):  

http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-1/reviews/13391

Once again, thanks to Oppo for offering this really generous and great opportunity to the community - and to Jiffy for coordinating the loaner program. I really really really wish more companies did this!

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #352 of 761
I'd like to be part of this one as well as the 3.  What do I need to do?  Thanks.

Jun 18, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #353 of 761
Just finished my week with PM-2 unit #2 and have sent them on their way to the next person.
Thanks again to Oppo and Jiffy Squid for sponsoring this loaner program.  I really enjoyed my time with the PM-2s. 
L3000.gif

Jun 21, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #355 of 761
I'm very interested in either pm-1 or 2 to compare to the PM-3s I'll be recieving later this week. I naturally agree to the terms and conditions.

Jun 22, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #356 of 761
PM-1 Canada Unit #1 received
L3000.gif

Jun 27, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #360 of 761
Tried the PM-2s. Subsequently purchased a pair of PM-2s.  Very happy with the results. I suppose the loaner program worked as it was intended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back