1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program

First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last
  1. MWSVette
    Good Afternoon,

I would be interested in being added to the Oppo PM-1 list.  I understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this program.

Thanks
    MWSVette

2. RiddleyWalker
    Hi, just notifying (as requested) that I received the PM-1 last night.  Will give it some good head-time starting tonight [​IMG]

3. Jupit3r
    OPPO's stuff is good, but definitely a little overpriced.

4. DemonFox

I thinks its safe to say ALL electronics are overpriced :) The things that set these apart are the materials they use on the PM-1 and somewhat on the PM-2. Now the HA-2 on the other hand is definitely not overpriced. It does damn near everything and for a very reasonable price. I had higher hopes for the PM-3 and was super critical at first but now they are probably the only pair I listen to because of how versatile, comfortable, and good looking they are. Are they perfect sounding no but lets be honest, there is no such thing as the perfect pair but what Oppo has done is made a beautiful product with high quality pieces that fit almost every situation. 

But yah, if they lower prices I'll be first in line to grab a pair lol 

Thanks,

[​IMG]

5. kenman345

I own the PM-3 and find the same types of things you are saying. They are very good for what they are. The price is a little steep, I think a better price point is $350 MSRP but for $399 its right in-line with competitors which I feel it's much better in both sound as well as aesthetics and accessories. What planar magnetics would you like on the go? Oppo or a competitor? The answer is clear, you can be a stealth audiophile without sacrificing anything for its genre of headphones (portable). 

To keep things back on track, I am excited to try the PM-2. I ordered from eBay a cable for it that I will reterminate with a balanced 4-Pin XLR so I can try it SE and Balanced with my X Fi. The price was right so I figured its worth it to try the headphones out with the actual setup I would use them with. It should arrive here around a week or two before the PM-2's should get to me. If I buy a pair of PM-2's in the future, I'll have it and if I do not like them, then I can try the PM-1's or just decide to sell the cable, which I am sure I should make back at least half my money, which makes it a solid investment.

6. messiach
    Shipped the PM-1 off to the next on the list.

Having spent a little under a week with these very nicely built headphones, I will say that overall I am impressed.
    Review is up here now if anyone is interested in seeing my thoughts and a direct comparison to my current favorite headphones (Viso HP50s):  

http://www.head-fi.org/products/oppo-pm-1/reviews/13391

Once again, thanks to Oppo for offering this really generous and great opportunity to the community - and to Jiffy for coordinating the loaner program. I really really really wish more companies did this!

7. ctsooner22
    I'd like to be part of this one as well as the 3.  What do I need to do?  Thanks.

8. Jackson99
    Just finished my week with PM-2 unit #2 and have sent them on their way to the next person.
    Thanks again to Oppo and Jiffy Squid for sponsoring this loaner program.  I really enjoyed my time with the PM-2s. [​IMG] 

9. rschoi75
    I'm interested in the PM-1's. I understand and accepts the terms & conditions. 

10. Army-Firedawg
    I'm very interested in either pm-1 or 2 to compare to the PM-3s I'll be recieving later this week. I naturally agree to the terms and conditions.

11. cityle
    PM-1 Canada Unit #1 received [​IMG]

12. tjdub
    would like to be added to the PM 1 list please. I understand and agree to all the terms and conditions

13. gjllopez
    Hi, I would like to be added the the PM-1 list.  I have read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions.

14. iamstumper
    I'm interested in the pm-1 and agree to the terms and conditions.

15. Bellasperson
    Tried the PM-2s. Subsequently purchased a pair of PM-2s.  Very happy with the results. I suppose the loaner program worked as it was intended.

Jiffy Squid likes this.
First

Back
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Next

Last