Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #2,941 of 3,729
  So when should I expect a new PM-2 Impression thread?

Whenever someone wants to create one. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 6, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #2,943 of 3,729
Received my PM-1's today. I'm not an expert like some on this thread, but wow do they sound good!

The only thing I have to compare them to is my Sennheiser HD 650's and from what I've read on here I expected them to have about the same sound signature only "better" but I wouldn't say that's the case. They have more treble to my ears but still very warm.

They sound much more real to me as well - like I'm listening to instruments rather than speakers. I like the Sennheisers but these are much better.

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,945 of 3,729
  Received my PM-1's today. I'm not an expert like some on this thread, but wow do they sound good!

The only thing I have to compare them to is my Sennheiser HD 650's and from what I've read on here I expected them to have about the same sound signature only "better" but I wouldn't say that's the case. They have more treble to my ears but still very warm.

They sound much more real to me as well - like I'm listening to instruments rather than speakers. I like the Sennheisers but these are much better.

I've had mine since launch and still love  them.  Congrats on your new babies.   Say, did your PM-1's come with the Alternative lambskin leather and the velour pads?   

Aug 6, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #2,946 of 3,729
They came with the "regular" lambskin leather and the velour pads. I called customer service and they still don't have the alternative pads. I got on the list and they said they would be sending them in a week or two. 

Aug 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #2,949 of 3,729
I'm already enjoying PM-1 for few days now, so far three things that keep amaze me is the realism of vocal, the smoothness, and very liquid sound that make music just flow efforless. This headphone is one of very few headphones that can make me listening many albums straight for hours without feel tired or fatigue. It's just sound so relaxing.  The 400gr weight is a little bit bug me, but it's still comfort enough for 3-4 hours listening. (I complain about comfortability to almost all headphones in the market btw)

Yesterday I just did A/B between OCC cable 6.3mm (+radioshack converter to 3.5mm) and OFC cable 3.5 mm, it brought me surprise as the OCC with cheap converter radioshack is significantly better sounding to me, blacker background, cleaner, smoother sounding and slight better imaging.

Just to share my thoughts here 
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #2,950 of 3,729

Thats what I like to hear. I used to have HD600 and loved them and been thinking a while to get HD650 this time. Now if PMs are better I would have to reconsider. Does anyone know if PM2s are lighter than 1s considering they have more plastic parts?

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #2,952 of 3,729
There is a slight amount of weight loss associated to changing the earcup from metal to plastic. You can really feel this when you lift the PM-1 and the PM-2 by the headband. The pendulum like swinging you get from the PM-1 is not as exaggerated with the PM-2.

Aug 7, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #2,953 of 3,729

Had mines since they first came out, Wait till you give them at least 50hrs break in period, Then these Beauties really Open up, I notice and I was screaming to myself Ohh wow!! Enjoy:smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back