Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone!
Oct 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #544 of 2,563
LOL!

Oct 30, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #545 of 2,563

basshead.gif

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #548 of 2,563
Yes, that's quite an important detail to be absent. If it's closed, that combined with the attention to aesthetics suggests the possibility of portable use.

Oct 30, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #549 of 2,563
We know that at least one Head-fi'er wore them at CanJam.  Certainly the venue was loud enough to tell if they had any isolation, right?  If memories are fuzzy, perhaps someone who has access to them (jude, hint hint) can put them on with any level of extraneous sound in the room and tell right away.

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #550 of 2,563
I didn't think they weren't open when I listen to them, but I didn't think to ask for more specifics (though I will now).  Given how light and comfortable they were, they are only the right price away from being a hit IMO.

If you listen quietly, then any headphones are fine out of an iPod or iPhone. On the other extreme, listening loud to complex music, you're going to notice the limitations very fast. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #551 of 2,563
  I didn't think they weren't open when I listen to them, but I didn't think to ask for more specifics (though I will now).  Given how light and comfortable they were, they are only the right price away from being a hit IMO.

If you listen quietly, then any headphones are fine out of an iPod or iPhone. On the other extreme, listening loud to complex music, you're going to notice the limitations very fast. 

I couldn't tell...'cos I was listening. Could you hear what i was listening to? Come to think of it, I don't think I could hear what you were listening but by that time Gavin had already whipped out the whiskey bottle so I wasn't focused on ambient noise.

I should be able to find out soon enough.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #552 of 2,563

Inquiring minds need to know more 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back