OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #3,063 of 4,883

So if my music is paused it goes into idle mode? What does that mean and why is it annoying? (Don't mean to sound rude, just want to know about the phenomena before buying the  ha-2) 

On paused mode you won't have that issue, only when you are streaming and lost the connection then Oppo ha2 turns into idl mode. What I do is turn off on and it is okay again.

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #3,065 of 4,883

I finally got one of the short cable from the TB guy..  I order the lightning and micro USB first and the Dock like a week later, but for whatever reason, the Dock cable arrived first..  Wasn't expecting much, but as it turned out the quality isn't that bad, and to my surprise, the bass seems a little more solid and wider soundstage??  But pretty sure it could be just placebo haha!  But either way, for it's price, it's a pretty sweat cable, can't wait for the lightning and micro USB to arrive :)

larbel,
Where did you get this Ipod to HA-2 cable?

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #3,069 of 4,883
and I'm happy that they have made it MFI certified :)

Feb 26, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #3,070 of 4,883
Sitting here with cash burning a hole in my pocket................................

so, I'm thinking of buying an AK100ii and pairing it with the HA-2, into a pair of Mr Speakers Mad Dog Pro.
Does that sound like a combo that's going to wow me?

If my Mad Dogs are using a balanced cable, does that present any issues with the HA2?

Feb 26, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #3,071 of 4,883
  Sitting here with cash burning a hole in my pocket................................

so, I'm thinking of buying an AK100ii and pairing it with the HA-2, into a pair of Mr Speakers Mad Dog Pro.

If my Mad Dogs are using a balanced cable, does that present any issues with the HA2?

Why not just get a more powerful dedicated amp? 

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #3,072 of 4,883

I would like to know as well. My AK100II is in the mail and I will be pairing it with my HA-2...running it through my Audeze EL-8.

Should I just get a dedicated amp like the Burson? With the AK, can I use balanced cables?

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #3,073 of 4,883
I would like to know as well. My AK100II is in the mail and I will be pairing it with my HA-2...running it through my Audeze EL-8.

Should I just get a dedicated amp like the Burson? With the AK, can I use balanced cables?

Which Burson? I have the Soloist SL Mk II and upgraded to it from the HA-2. Obviously a big difference. If you have high impedence cans and the cash, it's a no brainer. I used to have the HA-2 at full volume a lot of the time with my HD600's and T90's - now I have lots of headroom. It's quite nice.

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #3,075 of 4,883

Would you have suggestions that you consider worth investigating?
I would like it to be portable to, at least, some extent.  The Bursons mentioned seem like they'd be happier sitting on a table/desktop.

Powerful and portable . . . you might look into a Grace m9xx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back