OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 12, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #2,567 of 4,883
Just for fun today I paired the original X3 with the HA-2 and T51P's. I had nearly forgotten what a great line out the X3 classic has + I wanted to see how just the amp sounded in the Oppo. Conclusion - outstanding.

Dec 12, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,568 of 4,883
My ha-2 arrived two days ago,and first impression is very good.I`m not an audiophil technic guy,so not very good at describing sound.But i feel that the oppo gives the power that the headphones needs to open themself.Gives life to the music. So very glad i bought this amp/dac.I also think that my audio technica ath msr7,wich is known to be a little on the bright side,got a littlebit warmer soundind :D

Glad to hear it's a good pairing. I was interested in the MSR7, was concerned it was too bright.

Can you try out the HA-2's bass boost and let us know if it has any effect on the mids and treble?

Dec 12, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #2,570 of 4,883
Glad to hear it's a good pairing. I was interested in the MSR7, was concerned it was too bright.

Can you try out the HA-2's bass boost and let us know if it has any effect on the mids and treble?

I'm listening to this combo right now and the bass boost doesn't seem to change the mids or highs much if at all, I don't think bass boost is really needed on the MSR7s though because the bass is already pretty good in my opinion.

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #2,573 of 4,883
Tried the bass boost, but didnt like the sound.it sounds to warm and bassy .The msr7 have an very clean,tight,punchy and realistic bass.the headphones sounds a little cold and Bright.But the ha-2 helped the msr7 to sound a little warmer. :)

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #2,574 of 4,883
Yes, in my opinion, using the HD800, which many people would say is lacking in bass, but which I find to be almost perfectly neutral except for a bit of a 7kHz spike, I find the HA-2's Bass+ feature to reach too far up into the low mids.  I think the Bass+ could have done wonders for the HD800 if it had stayed clear of the mids or even if it was just less aggressive overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back