OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 7, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #2,552 of 4,883
  Is it sure that you can buy the HA-2 from Europe on oppodigital.com? When I try to fulfill the order I run into that they ship only to Canada, United States and Mexico.

You could some time ago, but you would have to pay shipment to the US for any repair under warranty.
It seems you can't anymore, which is less hassle for them.

In Europe, you have to buy through a distributor for the "modest" price of 399 Euros (or 259£ in the UK). Which is almost 50% more than in the US.

Basically EU citizens are just good enough to be ripped off for most electronic goodies...

Dec 7, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #2,554 of 4,883

You could some time ago, but you would have to pay shipment to the US for any repair under warranty.
It seems you can't anymore, which is less hassle for them.

In Europe, you have to buy through a distributor for the "modest" price of 399 Euros (or 259£ in the UK). Which is almost 50% more than in the US.

Basically EU citizens are just good enough to be ripped off for most electronic goodies...

That's why I want to order mine directly from the manufacturer in USA. I reckon that the Europe price is the USA manufacturer retail price plus the customs charges.
I ordered it from ebay. $299 + shipping. I live in Norway.

Have you received your order already? You'll have to pay import charges for sure.

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:27 PM Post #2,555 of 4,883
On low gain, you should be fine with SE846. HA-2 has a rather dark background that doesn't pick up much noise.

In that case, you might want to consider getting an extra right angled OTG cable as the stock cable isn't pocket friendly. I used this.

The better solution is to get a waist pouch

We call them "fanny packs" in the US, and they're never a good idea unless you're worried about getting robbed. :)

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #2,556 of 4,883
That's why I want to order mine directly from the manufacturer in USA. I reckon that the Europe price is the USA manufacturer retail price plus the customs charges.
Have you received your order already? You'll have to pay import charges for sure.

Not when the package reads usb sound card and $25 value

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #2,557 of 4,883
Hello,

I recently bought the oppo ha-2 to pair with my Shure SE846.

The problem is I hear a hiss when plugin it to the Headphone line-out... It is quite unpleasant :frowning2:

On the contrary when I plug me SE846 to the "Line-Out" jack output, the hiss disappear... But is it OK to plug it to the "Line-out" jack instlead of the "Headphone" jack ?

Thanks for the answer,

Dec 8, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,559 of 4,883
Yes, I drive the HD700s with the HA-2 and it powers them quite well.  Oppo actually recommends headphones in the range of 16-300 Ohms and the HD700s are 150 Ohms. For 150 Ohms, I would put the HA-2 on high gain.  And since the HD700s can be described as maybe lacking a little in bass presence, they are one of the headphones that can actually benefit from using the bass boost switch.  Most of the time I never use the bass boost; but it sounds quite good when used with the HD700s.  

Dec 8, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,561 of 4,883
Not when the package reads usb sound card and $25 value

It's a pity that I can't buy on ebay. They banned me for alleged violation of their terms of use. They don't allow me to sell or even to buy. That dealer which you've bought your HA-2, doesn't also sell outside ebay?
I wonder wether oppodigital.com would also accept to put a $25 value on the package.

Dec 9, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #2,562 of 4,883
Dec 10, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #2,563 of 4,883
Boy I'm glad I just bought this. SQ out of my Note 4 through the HA-2 using Neutron destroys the FiiO E18 -- when I can even get the E18 to work anymore, which it does for only about 15 seconds before crashing the phone. Nothing beats a good Sabre DAC at a reasonable price.

Dec 11, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #2,564 of 4,883
Boy I'm glad I just bought this. SQ out of my Note 4 through the HA-2 using Neutron destroys the FiiO E18 -- when I can even get the E18 to work anymore, which it does for only about 15 seconds before crashing the phone. Nothing beats a good Sabre DAC at a reasonable price.

If your phone is crashing, you can try enabling "High Performance" mode in the Developer's mode. This unleashed my HTC One M8's potential, but it drains the battery.

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #2,565 of 4,883
My ha-2 arrived two days ago,and first impression is very good.I`m not an audiophil technic guy,so not very good at describing sound.But i feel that the oppo gives the power that the headphones needs to open themself.Gives life to the music. So very glad i bought this amp/dac.I also think that my audio technica ath msr7,wich is known to be a little on the bright side,got a littlebit warmer soundind :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back