OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 18, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #2,596 of 4,883
Glad everyone is enjoying their Oppos. What phones (mobiles/handys, etc.) is everyone using, and which headphones?

I love the device, but it's unfortunately a little dodgy with some Android phones, such as my HTC One M8.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #2,598 of 4,883
Glad everyone is enjoying their Oppos. What phones (mobiles/handys, etc.) is everyone using, and which headphones?

I love the device, but it's unfortunately a little dodgy with some Android phones, such as my HTC One M8.

Could you tell me what issues you are having with your One M8 as I think I might have the solution for ya.

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #2,599 of 4,883
$299 + $35 in shipping from a trusted ebay seller:grimacing::thumbsup:

And package was marked with $25 usb sound card, so no toll / fee :blush:

link please 
smile.gif

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:12 AM Post #2,600 of 4,883
link please :smile:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/OPPO-HA-2-ES9018-K2M-DAC-Chip-USB-Headphone-Amplifier-for-Apple-Android-PC-Mac-/381244619333?nav=SEARCH

Seller is called "BigBargainOnline"

He even threw in a genuine leather holster for it for no cost extra. Branded Oppo - same leather as wrapped around the unit.

I was worried about buying it from ebay because of fake products, but this seller is legit.

One thing though - because it is from China, the charger plug will not fit in eu, so you will need an adapter for that. No biggie, but worth mentioning :)

Dec 19, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #2,601 of 4,883
any of you guys heard the ADL X1? how does that compare to the Oppo Ha-2? (let's take out of the discussion that the Oppo looks 10000x cooler, and just focus on the sound)

Dec 19, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,605 of 4,883
Could you tell me what issues you are having with your One M8 as I think I might have the solution for ya.

The issue is that sometimes the phone recognizes the Oppo, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using that very nice short right-angle cable from eBay that everyone loves.

I'm running Android 5.0.2.

The unit used to pop and crackle, but that was resolved when I started putting the phone into "High Performance Mode."

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #2,606 of 4,883
The issue is that sometimes the phone recognizes the Oppo, and sometimes it doesn't. I'm using that very nice short right-angle cable from eBay that everyone loves.

The unit used to pop and crackle, but that was resolved when I started putting the phone into "High Performance Mode."

Oh, I think we may have crossed paths before re the "high performance mode" as that was going to be my suggestion. I always turn my oppo on 1st then the phone and have had no issues. Mind you I mainly use my old Galaxy S3 when paired with the oppo.

Edit: I would suggest you head on over to XDA Forums and ask there;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8

Dec 19, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #2,607 of 4,883
Oh, I think we may have crossed paths before re the "high performance mode" as that was going to be my suggestion. I always turn my oppo on 1st then the phone and have had no issues. Mind you I mainly use my old Galaxy S3 when paired with the oppo.

Edit: I would suggest you head on over to XDA Forums and ask there;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one-m8

Yes, high performance mode fixed one of the issues, so I'm thankful for your input.

I'll check out the Android forum; thanks for the suggestion. This will be helpful for when I purchase an Android tablet. I expect I'll have to do just as much research to ensure the devices work seamlessly.

Dec 20, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #2,608 of 4,883

Link to cable?

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #2,609 of 4,883
Hi, this cable came highly recommended, and I don't think it's the weak link in the chain, since I also have this issue with the stock cable.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?rmvSB=true&ul_

Dec 20, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #2,610 of 4,883
Just received my HA-2, thanks Amazon Logistic for keeping their promise despite many bad comments bout them (I was extremely worried lol).

Paired up with RHA-MA750i IEM, I'm surprised how different the same source and same pair of earphone can sound with without DAC/AMP. As this is my first DAC/AMP, I would say I'm rather pleased, and know why people can fork out such an amount for DAC/AMP. (My most expensive headphone being the NAD HP50, which is cheaper than the HA-2).

After some time of plugging in and plugging out my earphone from HA-2 to Mac and Mac to HA-2, I came with this first impression.
Soundstage is noticeably bigger, more of a 3 dimensional soundstage (depth, width, height) than just width and height without depth. Chester's vocal in Linkin Park's In The End sound further.

I notice better detail processing through the HA-2 too. In short, the sound is more 'open' now.

Will try it with my HP50 soon. 

Overall I am very satisfied with this product. Like what I was told, without DAC/AMP, there are layers of blankets and sheets around a set of speaker, and a DAC/AMP do help removing the layers in between, result in a cleaner sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back