OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 23, 2015 at 3:06 AM Post #2,627 of 4,883
  I've seen people mention firmware upgrades to the HA-2 several times, but on Oppo's own website no firmwares are available. 
Is it worth updating the firmware? - and can it actually be downloaded from an "official" site?

I´ve been on the 6.76 firmware for about a month. It works better for me when using it a desktop amp as it´s connects better to windows 10 and my Macbook Pro. 6.74 was giving me issues at times on my windows machine (dunno why really).

I can´t say anything about audio quality. I find it incredibly hard to A-B hardware firmwares as the process takes to long compared to switching iems to A-B for example. 

That being said, 6-76 gives me no issues whatsoveer so I guess it´s a good update then :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #2,628 of 4,883

Thanks.

I've been looking at the Oppo's uk website and here it says nothing about new firmware for the HA-2, but I found it on the .com site.

My HA-2 is apparently already at 6.76 (which must be an "older" firmware as my unit isn't exactly new, however their website says the release date is November 9th 2015). Using it on a Mac / iPhone so haven't had any Windows problems. 

Only issue I have is that if no sound is output for a few minutes it looses connection (like it suspends). This is really annoying on the iPhone as music will start playing through the phone's speaker instead of the HA-2 (and with CIEM's it takes a while to notice as it's hard to hear - well for me, not for everyone else). :)

Dec 23, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #2,629 of 4,883
Thanks.

I've been looking at the Oppo's uk website and here it says nothing about new firmware for the HA-2, but I found it on the .com site.

My HA-2 is apparently already at 6.76 (which must be an "older" firmware as my unit isn't exactly new, however their website says the release date is November 9th 2015). Using it on a Mac / iPhone so haven't had any Windows problems. 

Only issue I have is that if no sound is output for a few minutes it looses connection (like it suspends). This is really annoying on the iPhone as music will start playing through the phone's speaker instead of the HA-2 (and with CIEM's it takes a while to notice as it's hard to hear - well for me, not for everyone else). :)

If you're talking not the connection loss thing, you're not alone. I would definitely reconnect the lightning cable if I left it for a while, but I do not know how long is long enough for it to disconnect. So... My phone speaker volume is always off though, to prevent awkward situation.

Dec 23, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #2,630 of 4,883

Thanks.

Hey dennistdk,

There's a workaround for that problem. Someone posted the same issue a while ago, and please see the response from HasturTheYellow (Oppo's sponsor) below:

Has anyone come across a way of stopping the iPod 5G (and I assume the iPhone 5) from disconnecting from the HA-2 after half an hour or so of inactivity necessitating unplugging & replugging the cable to get it to redetect the DAC? As long as music stays playing it's fine.

You will need to set the HA-2 into charge mode by pressing and holding the BATTERY button until the battery charge LED goes BLUE. This will force the Apple device to keep the USB output active at the expense of battery life as the HA-2 will now be actively charging your Apple device.

Dec 25, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #2,633 of 4,883
I am UK based, and cannot for the life of me find a short high end USB OTG cable to use this with my Sony Z5 phone.
Can anyone point me in any Direction? I'd settle for a decent quality out of country site and just pay for postage.

But ideally UK based would be great.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #2,634 of 4,883
I am UK based, and cannot for the life of me find a short high end USB OTG cable to use this with my Sony Z5 phone.
Can anyone point me in any Direction? I'd settle for a decent quality out of country site and just pay for postage.

But ideally UK based would be great.

Thanks for any help or advice.
Vertere DFi OTG cable. 0.25m available at www.custom-cable.co.uk

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back