OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Dec 16, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,582 of 4,883
The HA-2 should arrive tomorrow for me. I read great thing about it, and I look forward to replacing my E18, and testing my BeyerdynamicT5p.

Dec 16, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #2,584 of 4,883
Got mine yesterday. What a great little amp! Pairing with the X is superb for a portable setup. Exactly what I wanted and not being tethered to my home office where my gear sits is such a delight.

Now I think I want a nice iem for travel....

Dec 16, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #2,585 of 4,883
Got mine yesterday. What a great little amp! Pairing with the X is superb for a portable setup. Exactly what I wanted and not being tethered to my home office where my gear sits is such a delight.

Now I think I want a nice iem for travel....

Heck yeah...it sounds fantastic with the X. Nice rig bro :)

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #2,587 of 4,883
Sounds better on high gain i think.

Gives oompf into opening these headphones.

wow @ ha 2 on high gain sounds sublime.

Giveing the juice/life is what it needed in the first place, thx to high gain it now has the juice/life.

Transformed the way they sounded.

Low gain was alright thought it couldn't improve so and then changed to high and they really sing with its clarity and the like real improvement over low gain

Don't think my other amps could do what this does on high gain setting but haven't tested so bleh.

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #2,588 of 4,883
  thanks! really digging it.

Kamasi Washington's "The Epic" sounds so amazing with this combo

How interesting that you heard an improvement for that album. "The Epic". I didn't think the sound quality was good at all. hmm
I just got my HA-2 yesterday and haven't spent much time with it, but I did play some of Andreas Vollenweider's "Air". I think it sounded really good, may be a little more definition than the Fiio E18 but not in a big way. The gain and bass boost are better implemented in the HA -2, but I missed the plackback buttons on the E18. Both are solidly built though. Now I have to go and listen to The Epic again because of what Mojo777 said.

Dec 17, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #2,589 of 4,883
Hi, my Ha-2 arrives tomorrow and I want the best possible set up, I already have B&W P7 which I'm very happy with, using iPhone 6, I've downloaded Onkyo HF player but not sure on the best settings for playing Flac's
Help needed :thumbsup:

Dec 18, 2015 at 1:15 AM Post #2,590 of 4,883
Hi, my Ha-2 arrives tomorrow and I want the best possible set up, I already have B&W P7 which I'm very happy with, using iPhone 6, I've downloaded Onkyo HF player but not sure on the best settings for playing Flac's
Help needed :thumbsup:

I haven't used Onkyo's player, but I would suggest the following:
1) Turn off the bass boost on warmer phones like the P7.
2) Use a flat eq setting to establish a baseline of how the devices play together.
3) Even though the P7 is easy to drive, try out the low- and high-gain settings. Some people have been very happy with the high gain, even on sensitive headphones. Just be careful on the volume.
4) The Oppo's neutral nature should pair well with the warm P7 and tighten up the bass response a bit.

Dec 18, 2015 at 6:34 AM Post #2,591 of 4,883
I got my Oppo HA-2 5 days ago. Ordered it directly from Hong Kong, and only 11 days to ship to Norway. That is pretty good! I must say - even though I am not an audiophile with extreme capabilities to hear improvements in different USB-cables, nordost cables etc, that little amp/dac really improved my listening experience with my Bowers & Wilkins P7 headset. The low's are now more tight, mids are more pronounced, and I can lower the overall volume and still get the punch I love. It also sounds a lot "bigger" if you know what I mean. Like the instruments are more spaced out somehow.

Works really well as a external DAC for my PC as well - just download the drivers from the Oppo website. Flawless installation on Win 10 64bit.

I can really recommend the HA-2, because when even I can hear such a noticeable difference from my stock iPhone 6 plus, an audiophile must love it!

Here is a picture: http://bildr.no/view/emVkdGxq

Edit: Fourplay's album "Fourplay" from 1991! Omg - it's a world of difference with the HA-2. Amazing sound on that album - even with apple music!

Dec 18, 2015 at 10:13 AM Post #2,592 of 4,883
How much did you pay totalt? Toll/tax,delivery? I bought from coolshop (norwegian site) in denmark.3995 nok totall from denmark to Bergen, Norways.Free delivery. But tought it was still expensive. 468 dollars.

Dec 18, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #2,595 of 4,883
How much did you pay totalt? Toll/tax,delivery? I bought from coolshop (norwegian site) in denmark.3995 nok totall from denmark to Bergen, Norways.Free delivery. But tought it was still expensive. 468 dollars.

$299 + $35 in shipping from a trusted ebay seller:grimacing::thumbsup:

And package was marked with $25 usb sound card, so no toll / fee :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back