OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jun 24, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #1,516 of 4,883
Not sure why it does not show up. Maybe its because of the iPhone 4s (since its opptimised for everything above that). Did you clear the Cache via the Settings panel?

No I didn't clear the cache since I literally just installed it, put a DSD track in it via iTunes, saw that it didn't get recognised, and uninstalled it. XD

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #1,517 of 4,883
Your first mistake is that you should have abandoned your cargo shorts (and any cargo pants) years ago.
wink_face.gif

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,518 of 4,883
For secondary use, how does the HA-2 fair with the Noble K10 CIEM? Any excess hiss?

I use my K10s with the HA-2 and a Sony A17 as the source and there's no hiss and is a wonderful portable combo.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #1,520 of 4,883
1500 posts on Head fi and reviews on all the sites. They're getting decent press.
Most audiophiles know that Oppo makes a great product for a great price!

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,522 of 4,883
Hi,
Does anyone know if using a dedicated USB power supply for clean power (as opposed to whatever is coming out of the USB port on my 7 year old crappy HTPC) is worth it?
Was thinking of something like this -> http://www.aqvox.de/usb-power_en.html

Or, does the HA-2's battery somehow decouple the 5v USB power in from the rest of the device?

Jun 24, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #1,523 of 4,883
Thank you for all the feedback, very helpful!

1500 posts on Head fi and reviews on all the sites. They're getting decent press.
Most audiophiles know that Oppo makes a great product for a great price!

I have the OPPO BDP-105, quality plus value, it is perhaps the best piece of audio equipment I ever bought 

The HA-1 is nice but didn't blow me away, the HP's I have yet to try 

The HA-2 blew me away, reminded me of the BDP series in a small package

Jun 24, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #1,524 of 4,883
Nice. Why is this portable DAC Amp not getting more press? I'll have to ask Oppo tomorrow about putting some of their gear on my podcast.

Thank you for all the feedback, very helpful!

I have the OPPO BDP-105, quality plus value, it is perhaps the best piece of audio equipment I ever bought 

I have the BDP-83 Modded by Exemplar from the late 2000's. I am now using it as a transport. Seems a waste, but if we don't use a DAC, we
may be accused as being so "old-school". I wouldn't want to be considered obsolete.

Gotta keep up wit da Jonses 
tongue.gif

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #1,525 of 4,883
Even if Oppo gets tons of audiophile press, I personally didn't have the brand on my radar right away. Granted I don't read here as often, as thorough, or as dedicated. But I knew who Audeze was, Audio Technica, Sennheiser, JH Audio, Noble, Westone, Shure, I was hip on Schitt Audio, ETC. Oppo was mentioned but I failed to really see them until I went looking for them. And that's me, I research often when I'm in the mood. My mass market friend Rob who buys Beats has no chance. My first real indication was a glowing PM-3 review from Trusted Reviews online. And they had to mention it in another review before I found the main review. YouTube reviews on the HA-2 are few and far inbetween.

I am producing a video and audio podcast for later on in the year, I'd love to feature Oppo in the first episode. It will be on geek culture, tech, games, movies, TV, comics, ETC. The Head-Fi guys already know, however I think more people like me and Rob need Oppo on their radar. In my humble opinion, they could easily entice more people looking for a step up in headphone gear.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #1,526 of 4,883
Just received Amazon OTG cable Oppo recommended and I can confirm it works like a charm. I also notice it is actually from China. For those who can't order it from Amazon, I believe this is the same cable in Taobao though please make note that you are buying at your own risk:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c.w4004-11115179641.16.2aKZf3&id=45493617058

Might order one extra from Taobao early next month. If you want confirmation, just wait till then.

Jun 25, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #1,527 of 4,883
BDP-93, DV-983 and HA-2 owner here. If you're an AV person you know Oppo from their optical disc players over the years. Quite famous in those circles. Was most excited when they got into audio. Trying hard to resist the HA-1 and the 100 series of BDPs. At least at work we have a couple 105s I can go touch.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #1,528 of 4,883
BDP-93, DV-983 and HA-2 owner here. If you're an AV person you know Oppo from their optical disc players over the years. Quite famous in those circles. Was most excited when they got into audio. Trying hard to resist the HA-1 and the 100 series of BDPs. At least at work we have a couple 105s I can go touch.

Wow, I just realized the last time I used a disc player for music was 2005. It was a $1K Denon DVD / CD player (even then I was into convergence - it played CDs exceptionally well for the time). Was running a Nad 150 watt stereo amp and Von S. VR-1 speakers. Great sound. However since then I've been more into lossless ripping of CDs. My PS3 and PS4 handled the Blu-Rays.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #1,529 of 4,883
Ditto. I rarely use my BDP favoring digital as well.  But as their models now play in the digital world via various methods they offer additional utility especially with regard to DAC/DLNA capability. So at least I can convince myself they offer value based soley on their digital prowess regardless if BDP used. And damn if cool hardware just isn't a reward in itself sometimes. YMMV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back