OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jun 15, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #1,486 of 4,883
  For those of you looking for a more elegant solution for connecting your Sony Walkman device with your HA-2, we've been able to confirm that this cable will do the trick: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YWEHSQY

This cable works with the Sony Walkman NW-ZX1, NW-ZX2, NWZ-A17, NWZ-A15, and NW-F880 series.

Thanks for this! Looks like I got the last one.

Not only does it work audio-ly, but since I already lost the last (stupid, idiotic, proprietary) connector, now at least I can also use the Oppo for the occasional necessary charge.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #1,487 of 4,883
Just got an Android 5.1 update this morning for my Moto E, and to my great pleasure OTG now works out of the box for all apps! What a good start to the day.

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,488 of 4,883
  Just got an Android 5.1 update this morning for my Moto E, and to my great pleasure OTG now works out of the box for all apps! What a good start to the day.

It's mildly amusing to me that you're using an amplifier that is twice the cost of your phone!  :)  Nothing wrong with the E at all, fantastic unlocked device, just thought it was amusing.

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,489 of 4,883

It's mildly amusing to me that you're using an amplifier that is twice the cost of your phone!  :)  Nothing wrong with the E at all, fantastic unlocked device, just thought it was amusing.

Haha, yeah that is true. I jumped on my 2nd Gen for a recent deal of about $25. Can't beat that for a decent LTE phone with good battery life!

Jun 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,490 of 4,883
A question for all the owners.. Has anyone noticed any channel imbalance at low volumes? I've seen reviews on various devices that display this problem. I just want to confirm before my purchase..

Regards,

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #1,491 of 4,883
A question for all the owners.. Has anyone noticed any channel imbalance at low volumes? I've seen reviews on various devices that display this problem. I just want to confirm before my purchase..

Regards,

I have not noticed it, but I just got mine yesterday morning.  I'm listening at lower volumes right now at work and listened some at lower volumes yesterday, too.

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #1,492 of 4,883
  I have not noticed it, but I just got mine yesterday morning.  I'm listening at lower volumes right now at work and listened some at lower volumes yesterday, too.

Well ok then.. I just ordered it.. Let the waiting game begin..

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #1,493 of 4,883

Well ok then.. I just ordered it.. Let the waiting game begin..

I listen to mine at a lower volume too, arround 0.8 1 to 1.5, max 2, yes i've put some times high gain and 4, because the album is mastered too quiet, i have one LOL that i want to test with the HA-2 that it super quiet, they forgot some one or something at the mixer in the last track as we say in mexico the Last track is the louder one this is the opposite

Jun 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #1,494 of 4,883
I have just bought one of these and have seen no imbalance at low volume.
However, when I connect the HA2 to the ipad via the lightning to usb cable can someone explain why the volume control on the ipad still works? I though this would be disabled when connected to the HA2

Jun 17, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #1,495 of 4,883
From the Oppo website: "Volume control is operated by a combination of the DAC chip's internal digital volume control and an analog potentiometer (the familiar volume knob)."

The iDevice is actually controlling the DAC directly via it's software volume slider from my understanding.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:05 AM Post #1,497 of 4,883
Just wanted to say that the HA2 is a really good portable rig even for over ear headphones like the HD 800.

I'm surprised that these can drive the HD 800 so well.

I've even compared it to the HDVD 800 desktop amp/dac, it can't compare to it... but holds up quite well.

Jun 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #1,498 of 4,883
  Just wanted to say that the HA2 is a really good portable rig even for over ear headphones like the HD 800.

I'm surprised that these can drive the HD 800 so well.

I've even compared it to the HDVD 800 desktop amp/dac, it can't compare to it... but holds up quite well.

I agree. At lower volumes, it drives even my Alpha Dogs remarkably well. 

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #1,499 of 4,883
I have owned HA-2 for a few weeks now.  Its great all around for all my headphones.  I can't imagine anyone regretting the purchase.  It has outstanding build quality and features as well.  The only nit picking flaw I can find is the line out and USB are on opposite sides.  Its very difficult using it in the car with lighting cable and line out cables sticking out both sides of the HA-2

Jun 19, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #1,500 of 4,883
When you say, "using it in the car with line out/thunderbolt cables…" are you saying that you are using the HA-2 to run through your car audio system? 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back