OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #706 of 4,883
The battery life numbers on the HA-2 specs are basically what I got.

Playing 24/48 music, high gain, loud volume level, driving the M-100. I'd say that's a pretty real world test.

I got 1.5 charges for my iPhone 4S with a fully-charged HA-2 in about 80 minutes from 0%-100%, but it depends on your device's battery capacity.

Thanks for the information on the oppo HA-1, it be appreciated. I have been tempted to.get the HA-2 and the pm-3. But first I need to get another laptop or tablet. My kindle fire HDX only has a micro usb port and using the dac of the HA-2, will be problomatic. But the HA-2 seems to have a lot of bang for the money. Well thanks, hope you have a good time, listening to your jams, may the synergy of the moment, seem like it last forever.:)

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #707 of 4,883
...and may the whispering willows dance in harmony with swirling breeze as you frolick throughout the flower-adorned meadows upon your blissful portable audiophile journey armed with the pm-3 & ha-2!!! 
k701smile.gif

ps: thanks for all the answers to my question. anyone here with an android device want to share their experience with the battery of the ha-2? appreciate it!

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #708 of 4,883
Lol well I need to go getting to loopy my sugar level must be getting low. I wil be back later after some food.

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #709 of 4,883
Lol well I need to go getting to loopy my sugar level must be getting low. I wil be back later after some food.

heh naww bro. i was just feeling poetic! wanted to continue your good vibes :)

Apr 3, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #710 of 4,883
heh naww bro. i was just feeling poetic! wanted to continue your good vibes :)

No problem I am having a great time but need to eat. Good vibes a good. I have been such a cynic that its good to give off good vibes to all, if possible. The study of society, stairing into Nietzsche's void can be draining. I will be back after some soup and humus.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #712 of 4,883
  Anyone did a comparison vs e12a/e12diy regarding the HA2's Amp section only? :)

A few things that I have noted between E12A and HA-2 are: First, HA-2 has a lot less gain in comparison, especially in low gain setting. Secondly, while HA-2 doesn't have a bad soundstage per se, E12A definitely has better 3D rendering. Thirdly, E12A has a slightly richer tone, though neither is colored IMO. All and all, I'll say E12A has a slight edge - but it is very slight by all accounts. I'll say they are practically the same level of performance, and belong to the top-tier level among portable amps. As for E12DIY, I'll say it is even slightly better than E12A and HA-2, though it also depends on how it is configured as opamp and buffer choice can make a difference. While E12DIY remains my top choice, I think I can live with either one without any issue.

Apr 3, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #713 of 4,883

A few things that I have noted between E12A and HA-2 are: First, HA-2 has a lot less gain in comparison, especially in low gain setting. Secondly, while HA-2 doesn't have a bad soundstage per se, E12A definitely has better 3D rendering. Thirdly, E12A has a slightly richer tone, though neither is colored IMO. All and all, I'll say E12A has a slight edge - but it is very slight by all accounts. I'll say they are practically the same level of performance, and belong to the top-tier level among portable amps. As for E12DIY, I'll say it is even slightly better than E12A and HA-2, though it also depends on how it is configured as opamp and buffer choice can make a difference. While E12DIY remains my top choice, I think I can live with either one without any issue.

Thanks!

Apr 4, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #714 of 4,883
I am a complete newbie so please bear with me.
I have decided to try and acquire some decent headphone and a dac/amp before my ears give out completely and have ordered an Oppo ha-2 as well as a Sennheiser Hd650 headphone.
I still have some questions after having made my order.
How well does the hd650 pair with the ha-2? Is it loud enough for quiet tracks? I know the hd650 has a 300 phm reistance but it also has a high DPL of around 112dB. Would this be fine together with the ha-2?
I plan to use the pair with my android Samsung Note 3. I have read that with Lollipop the usb audio has been enabled. Does that mean apps such as UAPP(usb audio player pro) are uneccessary and one can use other players such as poweramp? Or do these apps still utilise the Note3's onboard Dac? What about apps such as google music or spotify? Do they go straight to the oppo's Dac or do they go through the Note 3‘s DAC first.
Thanks for your help. The amount I have learnt through these forums is incredible!

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #715 of 4,883
  HA-2 does not draw battery from my iPhone 5S, but does draw battery from my iPod classic for some reason.

What cable are you using between the devices?

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #716 of 4,883
I tried this cable today to connect my A15  - does not work 

It works with my pha-3.

is there any other way to connect these two devices?
I know what OPPO recommends this but it does not look convenient at all

That was the only reason why I have ordered the pha-1a and not HA-2

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #718 of 4,883

Being that the iPhone 5s has a fairly nice DAC would it be a better bang for the buck getting the E12diy or E12a over this? I like a wide sound stage a overall full\thick sound! I would only use it with my classic and iPhone.

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #719 of 4,883
Being that the iPhone 5s has a fairly nice DAC would it be a better bang for the buck getting the E12diy or E12a over this? I like a wide sound stage a overall full\thick sound! I would only use it with my classic and iPhone.

Not an iPhone user so I can't really say it from experience, but HA-2's DAC is more capable than any internal DAC used in iPhone -  plus you will be double amping since Lightning connector doesn't give you line-out at all (though the result might still be fairly good and more than acceptable). On paper, I'll say E12DIY / E12A does seems to be better bang for the buck, but HA-2 will be the better choice technically. As for how the two setup compared in real world - well, you will need someone who own both to tell you.

Apr 4, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #720 of 4,883
  HA-2 draw battery from my Note 4 and it makes it warm.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye on mine. I've had mine strapped together in my car and noticed they are warm when I take them out but they are near the window so wasn't suprised. Haven't really noticed any battery drain as yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back