ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 24, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #15,932 of 16,326
Agreed.

Also, as an aside, I'm assuming USB-DAC functionality was never implemented?

I do not need that function...I have never wanted to use a dap for that. I have a separate desktop dac/amp. I am just hoping that someone will tell me that the jacks will be OK... I was just gifted with a DP-X1 so I had no reason to research before now. Trying to read the thread.

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #15,933 of 16,326
I do not need that function...I have never wanted to use a dap for that. I have a separate desktop dac/amp. I am just hoping that someone will tell me that the jacks will be OK... I was just gifted with a DP-X1 so I had no reason to research before now. Trying to read the thread.
I've had my DP-X1 going on 3 years and no issues so far. One of the best sounding DAPs I've had and it works great.

Dec 25, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #15,935 of 16,326
Yes, this I already agree with after only three days with it.

I rooted mine, right after I bought it (Fall of 2016), and have got Xposed Framework installed - which allows me to run ad blockers, and other root-level modules.
One thing I've done to mine, which has affected the battery, is to leave it charging most of the time.
May have to check with Romi Audio, about upgrading the battery, the capacitors, and the output jacks.
Don't really want to send it to Kowloon, but they're the only shop I've heard of, that does mods and repairs on the DP-X1 DAPs.

Dec 25, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #15,936 of 16,326
Reading this thread is worrying me a little. Is it possible to tell on a new DP-X1 if the headphone sockets will be a problem?
I've been using a new DP-X1 for the past 6 months and have had no issue. Almost use it 2 to 3 hours daily at work. Since reading about the headphone socket issues, I've been extra careful not to jerk them violently and plug in the headphones very carefully too :)

Dec 27, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #15,938 of 16,326
I rooted mine, right after I bought it (Fall of 2016), and have got Xposed Framework installed - which allows me to run ad blockers, and other root-level modules.
One thing I've done to mine, which has affected the battery, is to leave it charging most of the time.
May have to check with Romi Audio, about upgrading the battery, the capacitors, and the output jacks.
Don't really want to send it to Kowloon, but they're the only shop I've heard of, that does mods and repairs on the DP-X1 DAPs.
panurgyoem does repairs, i'm sending my x1a in soon, there was an option for x1 too

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #15,939 of 16,326
Hi,
I'm trying to install V4A on my X1. I got the rooting done but none of the download links for the TWRP or V4A images on this thread work anymore. Does anyone have updated links they can point me towards so I can grab these?
Thanks!

Dec 29, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #15,940 of 16,326
Hi,
I'm trying to install V4A on my X1. I got the rooting done but none of the download links for the TWRP or V4A images on this thread work anymore. Does anyone have updated links they can point me towards so I can grab these?
Thanks!

I'm currently traveling, on my Christmas holiday, but when I get back home (06-JAN-19), I can look on my home PC, and provide the info.

There is one caveat about using V4A on the DP-X1 - if the V4A driver is installed/enabled, then UAPP will not operate in HiRes or Bit Perfect mode, due to driver conflicts.
If the V4A driver is enabled, and UAPP "Internal Audio Driver" is set to "HiRes Direct Driver", it doesn't work, and displays "Failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!".
If the V4A driver is enabled, and UAPP "Internal Audio Driver" is set to "Original Android Driver", and "Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode" is not set to "Off", then the audio that does play is very distorted.

Unfortunately, switching the V4A driver On/Off requires installing/uninstalling the driver, and rebooting - so you can't simply click a setting to switch between using the Original Android Driver & V4A, or using the UAPP HiRes driver.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #15,941 of 16,326
I'm currently traveling, on my Christmas holiday, but when I get back home (06-JAN-19), I can look on my home PC, and provide the info.

There is one caveat about using V4A on the DP-X1 - if the V4A driver is installed/enabled, then UAPP will not operate in HiRes or Bit Perfect mode, due to driver conflicts.
If the V4A driver is enabled, and UAPP "Internal Audio Driver" is set to "HiRes Direct Driver", it doesn't work, and displays "Failed to find or setup HiRes DAC!".
If the V4A driver is enabled, and UAPP "Internal Audio Driver" is set to "Original Android Driver", and "Internal HiRes Audio > Bit Perfect Mode" is not set to "Off", then the audio that does play is very distorted.

Unfortunately, switching the V4A driver On/Off requires installing/uninstalling the driver, and rebooting - so you can't simply click a setting to switch between using the Original Android Driver & V4A, or using the UAPP HiRes driver.

Thanks for the response and the info on the incompatibilities. I was able to find the stuff, so no need look further. Thanks again!

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #15,942 of 16,326
Hey guys. Just bought a DP-X1; I will probably end up rooting it. Could you point me in the right direction to a guide or overview to get me started? I have rooted tablets and phones in the past and I'm comfortable with following guides. Thanks as always!

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:12 AM Post #15,943 of 16,326
Quick question. I am sure this has been answered somewhere in the thread, but it's huge. Can the SD slots accept cards in excess of the 200GB advertised limits? I have heard of other DAPs where this is the case. Thanks.

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #15,945 of 16,326
Sweet! How's this thing pair with BGVP DM6's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back