ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 29, 2018 at 12:16 AM Post #15,903 of 16,326
I have a question.
I need to buy a protection case for X1A.
Does X1 case fit for X1A?

Yes the X1 & X1A share the same case, but the X1A has slightly improved internal electronics.

Oct 29, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #15,906 of 16,326
Ive heard of this before, sometimes you have to wait for the battery to die. Have you tried plugging it in to a power source then turning it on?
Right before the last step I tried, I let the battery drain down. Then I plugged it in and tried power + previous. I let it charge for a couple hours and tried again. I've seen this on tablets and cellphones before.

Oct 29, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #15,908 of 16,326
I would normally choose DP-X1 but suggest to add little more money to get ibasso DX200 with amp8 module. :wink:
400 extra is not quite "a little more" money, it's almost double and the DP-X1 actually offers more for the money and Sound is subjective. I would like to try the DX200 someday but the onkyo works (and sounds)great even after all these years.

Oct 31, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #15,909 of 16,326
Hey everyone, I have an X1 with a cracked 2.5 jack. I guess there's an Onkyo service center in the Midwest somewhere (Illinois maybe?) that I'm supposed to send this to. Would anyone happen to have the info on where to send for repair? I haven't found the specific place after some internet searching. I bought the thing in Toronto and then moved to LA, maybe I'll reach out to the Canadian dealer about where to send this in The States if nobody here knows.

Thank In Advance for any help.

Nov 9, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #15,910 of 16,326
Is there any way to make DP-X1 like a real smartphone?
It has wi-fi. You can still use wifi phone call app like Talkatone.
What if I can connect DP-X1 to a usb mic?
Do you guys think USB mic, earbuds, phone call app (Talkatone) combo will work on DP-X1?

If this combo works, I would choose DP-X1 over Granbeat.

Nov 9, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #15,911 of 16,326
Hey everyone, I have an X1 with a cracked 2.5 jack. I guess there's an Onkyo service center in the Midwest somewhere (Illinois maybe?) that I'm supposed to send this to. Would anyone happen to have the info on where to send for repair? I haven't found the specific place after some internet searching. I bought the thing in Toronto and then moved to LA, maybe I'll reach out to the Canadian dealer about where to send this in The States if nobody here knows.

Thank In Advance for any help.
If you find a repair shop let me know. Mine won't boot.

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #15,913 of 16,326
My battery is also not giving me optimal listening times. It dies after 3 to 4 hours even if Airplane mode is enabled. Listening to HiRes music took its toll. I just picked up a slim 10000 mAh portable charger from amazon and this gives me approx 6 to 8 hours additional listening time.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B079FPMCNF

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #15,914 of 16,326
My dp-x1 was having some battery issues. Playing time dropped to 3 to 4 hrs and sometimes less. Then one day it would not boot up at all. Luckily the unit still has one month warranty left. Initially returned it to my local reseller for repairs. Took almost 2 months and was replaced by a new spanking unit. Was told it was a battery issue.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 5:58 AM Post #15,915 of 16,326
After 3 years of loyal service, my balanced jack broke last month. Not too much of a problem, I used the single ended jack. Now that's dying as well. Bluetooth isn't strong on this device when used on the go, so I've settled for using the USB audio out into my Momentum Wireless, which is fine. The battery life is still really good (especially when battery saving is activated), so I think I'll send it off to Romi Audio in HK for repairs and a jack upgrade in a few months (unless someone can suggest a more convenient route) when my Youtube Music free trial ends. I don't really have the money to upgrade to an R6Pro, X7ii or DX200, although I'd consider it in another year or two. Also, All of my current headphones are under 40 ohms impedance so I don't need anything truly powerful.
I think the DP-X1 actually has better headphone out sound quality than most DAPs? Why? Well, I don't believe that HR audio is audibly superior (although the mastering of HR titles is often done more carefully, it's not inherent to the format), so I use Standard def FLAC and high bit rate (+256) AAC for my audio library. This enables me to reduce the lock range adjust jitter setting to the second narrowest without skipping, producing a tight, detailed sound with amazing separation even on 3.5mm output. I think other DAPs are preset with a wider lock range, which helps with high res audio playback but degrades fidelity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back