1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. howdy
    I dont recall Onkyo saying that. It says the DP-X1 can play MQA and it does as seen in my pic above. As for Tidal masters this is still in the process of coming mobile its main focus is only on computers.
    If you go to Onkyos music app you can download a lot of MQA music to your DAP and play it all you want

2. Tobsen88
    Playing MQA through Tidal is possible with the App USB Audio Player Pro. Only streaming, but it works.

3. Megaherz09
    Hello! Something strange happened! I tried to flash firmware 1.28 from onkyo dp-x1 on my Pioneer xdp-100r via adb sideload, but updating process ended on 56%, not 100. Earlier updates were sucsessful. So,i have bluetooth and wifi not working. Reflashing is not useful.

4. fljoe
    @sabloke .. that is what I feared and MQA on Tidal was one of the main reasons I picked up the Onkyo DP-X1 thinking it would be supported. I ponied up money and bought the Audio Player PRO from the Google Play store and that seems to be able to connect to Tidal and play the MQA file .. at least that's what I feel it is doing. Right now I have the desktop app on my PC for Tidal and I save the MQA albums to my collection using the desktop app and then browse my collection on Audio Player PRO connected to Tidal and play them. Painful .. but that is one of the solutions I found.

ebjarrell and DBaldock9 like this.
  5. ebjarrell
    I'm gonna give that a try soon.

6. ebjarrell
    Do you have USB Audio Player Pro installed on your device? If you do, the best way that I have found is to access Tidal through there and the MQA files have the Hi-Res logo on the cover art. Otherwise, I haven't seen any sign of the MQA files on the Tidal mobile app. It's a bit frustrating to be honest.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  7. mattmc1228
    Just purchased the CA Andromada's.
    How will these pair together with the DP-X1a?

8. mattmc1228
    Hi,
    Looking for some input.
    I stream 100% of my music.
    I have subscription services to Tidal, Deezer,Spotify,Apple Music, and Siruis XM.
    A little overkill I know.
    I have no stored music.
    If I stream 100% of my music, is this the device to get? Or if someone has other recommendations I am open to.
    I am running with the CA Andromeda's
    Thanks and looking for forward to everyone's input.
    Thanks

9. howdy
    I saw you post this on the DX200 thread to. Why not get like a LG V20 phone or even the new Note 9 with 512gb of internal memory and 8gbs of RAM, that will beat any sevice on here. If your going to download any of that this would be a great device but if I were you I would get the Note 9. If money was No object I would have a Note 9.

10. mattmc1228

Hi.
    Here's the story .
    I have had 2 phones for many years, a work phone and personal phone.
    The 2 phone I most recently have are currently the pixel 2 xl (only have it for its camera. And secondly the V30, only for the music. Camera sucks IMO. So I wanted to go down to one line of service, so after many videos, reviews, I replaced my V30 for the note 9. Love the phone.
    I will be getting rid of the pixel shortly.
    I wanted a flagship phone, which the note 9 is with all the flagship soecs.
    BUT, now I am looking for a dedicated music player (dap).
    I only stream my music, don't download, don't off line, I stream that's all I do.
    Don't care about not having wifi on the go(I could use my hotspot if I wanted to).
    So, hopefully this helps everyone understand what I am trying to do.
    I have been looking at the following:
    1. Hiby R6
    2. Onkyo DP-X1
    3. Pioneer XP-300R
    4. Sony NW-ZX200

I am pairing with the Andromeda's.

Thanks again

11. KevDzn
    Onkyo DP-X1, if you intend to use solely for streaming (or offline)

12. KuroKitsu
    I really don't think that anybody intending to stream music exclusively needs to get a DAP or IEMs like the Andromeda. A phone and generally anything around 150 would do.

Based on your choice of IEM. The R6 and ZX200 are off the list. The impedance of the Andromedas is way too low for either of those and you'll end up with a distorted sound signature. The DPX1 and XP300R are essentially the same device so you can't go wrong with either. Odds are that the Pioneer would be easier to find in this day and age.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  13. howdy
    I would go with the the Onkyo. I have had a lot of DAPs and this is literally the only one I keep every time .Its fast always works fairly good battery life(after you get rid of all the bloat ware) and sounds amazing. I use mine exclusively with my Alclair CIEMs with either the 200gbs of music from FLAC to DSD and also Tidal Hifi which is all downloaded .

DBaldock9 likes this.
  14. Rivet-Head
    Howdo - what's the bloatware? Would explain the pisspoor battery life on my X1A I'd assume.... Cheers

15. howdy
    Its been years since ive done it but I think there's an app for it or you can search this thread. I generally get 10 to 12 hours of continuous use and I always shut it down when not in use.