1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. dizzyraider
    BTW, I've noticed for a long time since owning the DP-X1 that having Balanced/ACG on will eat more battery when not in use, and I confirmed this with the AccuBattery app.

I have uninstalled or disabled many of the native Google apps as well as any app that I would not use on this player, and along with turning off wifi when not in use, I have had relatively good battery life and very long stand by (up to a week with 50% when not in use).

To summarize, un-select Balanced/ACG when not using 2.5mm, and turn off wifi when not in use will extend the run time of your DP-X1(A).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  2. Rivet-Head
    Thanks loads for this, also other reply the other day - balanced must be the answer, I use it in balanced mode all the time. Do you notice it overheating as well? Occasionally it's almost too hot to touch...

3. dizzyraider
    Very rarely do I find it too hot and overheat, but I do have it in a Dignis case so it may not be as noticeable. However if you do find the device getting warmer than usual, my experiences is usually something else running in the background. It does get warm sometimes when it's charging and having batch of apps being updated at the same time. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have anything else running besides a music app. Make sure to uninstall and disable apps that you will not be using on this device to minimize background cpu usage.

4. Tweaked
    My DP-X1a arrives tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I downloaded Player Pro and DSP pack as it was recommended in a previous message, onto the phone I've been using as my source.

Started it up and it thanked me for purchasing the app, which I didn't, then said the trial had expired. I thought I'd get a bit more than a 5 second trial period.

Uninstall and adios, Blaston...

5. ebjarrell
    I may be mistaken, but I don't remember getting a trial on UAPP, I just had to purchase it if I wanted it. It's worth it though.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  6. Tweaked
    They have a free version as a trial, but that didn't work out well for me.

I'm sure I'll end up buying it.

Thanks...

7. Tweaked
    The DP-X1A arrived a couple of hours ago.

This is so much better sounding than my original setup of Moto G6 & FiiO A3.

Using balanced with an 8 Core Yinyoo headphone cable feeding a pair of BGVP DMGs. Will try the FiiO FH5s and Campfire Comets later.

But the DMGs are the best of the three.

Gotta start playing around with all the adjustments this player offers.

Tweak the sh.. outta this sucker...

whitemouse, KevDzn and howdy like this.
  8. Wilbury
    Hello Tobsen88, just to clarify, you are saying that you able to access Tidal MQA by running USB AUDIO Player Pro, right? You are not saying that you are able to get the DP-X1 to "process" the Tidal MQA tracks, as if you were playing MQA files off your SD card - with the MQA symbol and the blue light activated?

9. Tobsen88
    Hey!
    The lights are only shown by the onkyo music player app. In UAPP the MQA music is shown by the golden hi-res logo (photo attached). Also the songs have a "(hi-res)" tag at the end of their names. Hope I could help. IMG_20181014_085614.jpg

10. Wilbury
    Thanks for your response. Yes, I agree you are accessing the MQA files in TIDAL. However, I'm not sure that the MQA decoding hardware of the DP-X1 is "kicking in".

11. Tweaked
    I installed the Hiby player on my DP-X1a last night. Not as adjustable as the Onkyo player with the little tweaks offers, but I think it definitely sounds better, feeding BGVP DMGs balanced.

And it's free....

12. FarmAndrex
    i'm having a problem with my DP-X1. It won't boot-up. I tried pressing power + next track. I tried holding power for 10 seconds. I also tried putting a paper clip in the hole on the bottom. None of those things worked. All i have is a dark grey screen, nothing past it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

runningwitit likes this.
  13. runningwitit
    Mine just did this last week! Just hold down the power + repeat track button (bottom button) simultaneously and that should repower it for you!! Hold the power button down again and this will get you back to normal...
    Hope your problem is rectified!!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    FarmAndrex likes this.
  14. FarmAndrex
    I appreciate the help.
    Didn't work for me. I tried from power off and power off. All I'm getting is grey screen. If I plug it into my laptop I can see the files. Thanks for suggestion though. I do appreciate it.

15. runningwitit
    Jail broken?