ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 8, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #15,886 of 16,326
BTW, I've noticed for a long time since owning the DP-X1 that having Balanced/ACG on will eat more battery when not in use, and I confirmed this with the AccuBattery app.

I have uninstalled or disabled many of the native Google apps as well as any app that I would not use on this player, and along with turning off wifi when not in use, I have had relatively good battery life and very long stand by (up to a week with 50% when not in use).

To summarize, un-select Balanced/ACG when not using 2.5mm, and turn off wifi when not in use will extend the run time of your DP-X1(A).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #15,887 of 16,326
BTW, I've noticed for a long time since owning the DP-X1 that having Balanced/ACG on will eat more battery when not in use, and I confirmed this with the AccuBattery app.

I have uninstalled or disabled many of the native Google apps as well as any app that I would not use on this player, and along with turning off wifi when not in use, I have had relatively good battery life and very long stand by (up to a week with 50% when not in use).

To summarize, un-select Balanced/ACG when not using 2.5mm, and turn off wifi when not in use will extend the run time of your DP-X1(A).

Thanks loads for this, also other reply the other day - balanced must be the answer, I use it in balanced mode all the time. Do you notice it overheating as well? Occasionally it's almost too hot to touch...

Oct 9, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #15,888 of 16,326
Thanks loads for this, also other reply the other day - balanced must be the answer, I use it in balanced mode all the time. Do you notice it overheating as well? Occasionally it's almost too hot to touch...

Very rarely do I find it too hot and overheat, but I do have it in a Dignis case so it may not be as noticeable. However if you do find the device getting warmer than usual, my experiences is usually something else running in the background. It does get warm sometimes when it's charging and having batch of apps being updated at the same time. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have anything else running besides a music app. Make sure to uninstall and disable apps that you will not be using on this device to minimize background cpu usage.

Oct 11, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #15,889 of 16,326
My DP-X1a arrives tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

I downloaded Player Pro and DSP pack as it was recommended in a previous message, onto the phone I've been using as my source.

Started it up and it thanked me for purchasing the app, which I didn't, then said the trial had expired. I thought I'd get a bit more than a 5 second trial period.

Uninstall and adios, Blaston...

Oct 12, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #15,892 of 16,326
The DP-X1A arrived a couple of hours ago.

This is so much better sounding than my original setup of Moto G6 & FiiO A3.

Using balanced with an 8 Core **** headphone cable feeding a pair of BGVP DMGs. Will try the FiiO FH5s and Campfire Comets later.

But the DMGs are the best of the three.

Gotta start playing around with all the adjustments this player offers.

Tweak the sh.. outta this sucker...

Oct 13, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #15,893 of 16,326
Playing MQA through Tidal is possible with the App USB Audio Player Pro. Only streaming, but it works.
Hello Tobsen88, just to clarify, you are saying that you able to access Tidal MQA by running USB AUDIO Player Pro, right? You are not saying that you are able to get the DP-X1 to "process" the Tidal MQA tracks, as if you were playing MQA files off your SD card - with the MQA symbol and the blue light activated?

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:58 AM Post #15,894 of 16,326
Hello Tobsen88, just to clarify, you are saying that you able to access Tidal MQA by running USB AUDIO Player Pro, right? You are not saying that you are able to get the DP-X1 to "process" the Tidal MQA tracks, as if you were playing MQA files off your SD card - with the MQA symbol and the blue light activated?

Hey!
The lights are only shown by the onkyo music player app. In UAPP the MQA music is shown by the golden hi-res logo (photo attached). Also the songs have a "(hi-res)" tag at the end of their names. Hope I could help. IMG_20181014_085614.jpg

Oct 14, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #15,895 of 16,326
Hey!
The lights are only shown by the onkyo music player app. In UAPP the MQA music is shown by the golden hi-res logo (photo attached). Also the songs have a "(hi-res)" tag at the end of their names. Hope I could help.
Thanks for your response. Yes, I agree you are accessing the MQA files in TIDAL. However, I'm not sure that the MQA decoding hardware of the DP-X1 is "kicking in".

Oct 28, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #15,897 of 16,326
i'm having a problem with my DP-X1. It won't boot-up. I tried pressing power + next track. I tried holding power for 10 seconds. I also tried putting a paper clip in the hole on the bottom. None of those things worked. All i have is a dark grey screen, nothing past it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 28, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #15,898 of 16,326
i'm having a problem with my DP-X1. It won't boot-up. I tried pressing power + next track. I tried holding power for 10 seconds. I also tried putting a paper clip in the hole on the bottom. None of those things worked. All i have is a dark grey screen, nothing past it. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
Mine just did this last week! Just hold down the power + repeat track button (bottom button) simultaneously and that should repower it for you!! Hold the power button down again and this will get you back to normal...
Hope your problem is rectified!!

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #15,899 of 16,326
Mine just did this last week! Just hold down the power + repeat track button (bottom button) simultaneously and that should repower it for you!! Hold the power button down again and this will get you back to normal...
I appreciate the help.
Didn't work for me. I tried from power off and power off. All I'm getting is grey screen. If I plug it into my laptop I can see the files. Thanks for suggestion though. I do appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back