ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 4, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #15,634 of 16,328
Couldn’t find an answer on this, but has anyone used 400gb micro SD’s? Anyone dare try 2 of them in the DP-X1?

I'm using 2 x 400GB Micro SDXC on DP-X1A without any problem. Should be on DP-X1 as well :)

May 5, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #15,636 of 16,328
Cool.

What’s the difference between the DP-X1 & DP-X1A?

Onkyo made these changes:
1.) They doubled the internal memory, from 32GB to 64GB.
2.) They apparently used some lower power digital circuits, since the battery life is longer.
3.) They used some upgraded capacitors in the analog circuits.
4.) There's apparently a Microphone where the DP-X1 has a Reset button, and the 3.5mm jack is a TRRS, which can use earphone cables with a Microphone. (* at least one forum member reported being able to use Skype)

May 6, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #15,639 of 16,328
The DP-X1 Line out mode bypasses the amplifier section or max out the amplifier volume ?

I checked the manual and it kind of appears that it maxes out the amp instead of bypassing. They weren't completely clear. Maybe somebody here has more info on this?

Here's what the manual says:
Line out mode
You can switch the headphone output to the
line output mode to connect external
equipment.
0 When you have "Line out mode" on, output
through the headphone jack is at
maximum volume, so do not use
headphones. Adjust the volume on the
connected device.

May 6, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #15,640 of 16,328
I checked the manual and it kind of appears that it maxes out the amp instead of bypassing. They weren't completely clear. Maybe somebody here has more info on this?

Here's what the manual says:
Line out mode
You can switch the headphone output to the
line output mode to connect external
equipment.
0 When you have "Line out mode" on, output
through the headphone jack is at
maximum volume, so do not use
headphones. Adjust the volume on the
connected device.
Exactly what it says when line out is selected the volume output is maximum. It is adjustable down though.

May 7, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #15,641 of 16,328
Greatly appreciate if anyone can help answer a couple of questions here:

1. How is this different from the DP-S1A since a couple of listings I came across shows that the DP-X1A is cheaper than the DP-S1A?
2. Any difference if I decide to purchase the Japanese model over the International model?
3. Any notable issues that still persists since launch?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back