1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. mrmoto050
  2. sandy1010
    They no longer include a case with the DP-X1A?

3. Rivet-Head
    Cheers - that's the same as the AliExpress one I think. I suppose whatever case it is needs to be solid to take into account the sharp edges. Might make one out of wood with a fur lining.....!

4. Rivet-Head
    Nope.

5. sandy1010
    Few questions if anyone can help.

What’s the story with this not being able to output 44.1 natively? Is this fixed on the X1A?

When using 3rd party apps do they access the same internals as the native app? The dual Dacs etc?

6. swesko
    Nope and nope

7. sandy1010
    Interesting.

So I’m reading it upscales 44.1 to 48pcm, what’s the impact of this?

There also seems to be a lot of conjecture in the thread about what 3rd party apps access. Although I still have the last 70 pages to read.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  8. sandy1010
    I placed an order for the DP-X1A a few hours ago on amazon Japan, but after reading the last 100 pages of this thread I just had to cancel the order. Can’t believe the amount of reports of broken jacks I’m seeing. Unforgivable in an item like this.

9. Rivet-Head
    Haven't read the threads tbh, but thought that was the X1, not the X1-A?

10. sandy1010
    That was my early impression too, but plenty of X1A owners have had problems as well.

11. Rivet-Head
    Right, fair enough. Mine's fine, though I look after it like it was the last one on the planet so maybe I'm swerving the issue....

12. leafwise
    Doublepost

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  13. leafwise
    Same. I’ve had a DP-X1 since day one domestic release— I bought a square trade 3y extended warranty knowing there might be issues with the jacks, but the same knowledge prompted me to baby the unit, so the original jacks are still rockin. For reference, I use both the 3.5 and the 2.5 every day between the truck’s aux input and my AS2.5s via Linum TRRS.

This is the endgame DAP at this price point. Get a 3rd party warranty for peace of mind if you must, but don’t sleep on it due to fear.

14. howdy
    Ive had mine for a couple of years and no issues and I don't really baby it .

15. enri
    anybody have version 1.9 of com.opi.pioneer.dap_music.apk ? (or any version newer than 1.6?)

Last edited: May 11, 2018