1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. Jjc27
    You can pick either one. Same goes for Google play music.

2. sandy1010
    Couldn’t find an answer on this, but has anyone used 400gb micro SD’s? Anyone dare try 2 of them in the DP-X1?

3. howdy
    I'm sure it would be fine. This player is fast and 2gb of ram. I have 456gb of music on it with zero issues, no lagging.

sandy1010 likes this.
  4. Mahalarp
    I'm using 2 x 400GB Micro SDXC on DP-X1A without any problem. Should be on DP-X1 as well :)

sandy1010 likes this.
  5. sandy1010
    Cool.

What’s the difference between the DP-X1 & DP-X1A?

6. DBaldock9
    Onkyo made these changes:
    1.) They doubled the internal memory, from 32GB to 64GB.
    2.) They apparently used some lower power digital circuits, since the battery life is longer.
    3.) They used some upgraded capacitors in the analog circuits.
    4.) There's apparently a Microphone where the DP-X1 has a Reset button, and the 3.5mm jack is a TRRS, which can use earphone cables with a Microphone. (* at least one forum member reported being able to use Skype)

Mahalarp and sandy1010 like this.
  7. redryder
    What do you guys think about getting a used DPX1? I'm thinking of getting one from e-earphone on my next Japan trip. The X1a is out of my budget, this is my first DAP. I'm worried that a used set would have abysmal battery life.

8. ngocphien102
    The DP-X1 Line out mode bypasses the amplifier section or max out the amplifier volume ?

9. snafu1
    I checked the manual and it kind of appears that it maxes out the amp instead of bypassing. They weren't completely clear. Maybe somebody here has more info on this?

Here's what the manual says:
    Line out mode
    You can switch the headphone output to the
    line output mode to connect external
    equipment.
    0 When you have "Line out mode" on, output
    through the headphone jack is at
    maximum volume, so do not use
    headphones. Adjust the volume on the
    connected device.

10. mrmoto050
    Exactly what it says when line out is selected the volume output is maximum. It is adjustable down though.

11. skingg
    Greatly appreciate if anyone can help answer a couple of questions here:

1. How is this different from the DP-S1A since a couple of listings I came across shows that the DP-X1A is cheaper than the DP-S1A?
    2. Any difference if I decide to purchase the Japanese model over the International model?
    3. Any notable issues that still persists since launch?

Thanks in advance.

12. Rivet-Head
    Hi - Has anyone knowledge of a case for a DP-X1A that isn't the leatherette Onkyo product, or the one listed on AliExpress? TIA

13. sandy1010
    Rivet-Head likes this.
  14. Rivet-Head
  15. gandt10