1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. snafu1
  2. KLJ1992
    So after 2 years with my dp-x1 my balanced jack finally went x(.

Is the improvements to the jack of the x1a much better or am I better off looking for a different (or better....if there is one) DAP?

3. ngocphien102
    let's buy DPX1A :ksc75smile:

4. DBaldock9
    I believe that physically, the 2.5mm TRRS jacks are the same on the DP-X1B (first model), and DP-X1A (new model) - and that they only changed the case bezel around the jacks.
    There's at least one report that the DP-X1A works with earphone cables having an inline Mic (the forum member was able to use Skype) - so the 3.5mm jack is now also a TRRS type.

5. anyworld1209
    Nope. They're not TRRS type. If it is. My N40 mic cable in android mode should have worked.

6. DBaldock9
    Did you try Skype, with an inline Mic cable plugged into the DP-X1A?
    I don't think Inline Music Controls (Play/Pause/FWD/REW) work, but that one forum member did mention being able to talk via Skype.

7. qsk78
    Better but still fragile. I broke it on the X1A in the past accidentally as well - that was my own fault but still need to be careful with it.

8. Rivet-Head
    Which goes back to my original post - it's such a stunner, yet sharp angled, and I'm really keen to get a protective case for it which does it justice, is there nothing out there other than the leatherette horror show from Onkyo?

9. howdy
    There is a place where you can send it in and they will redo both jacks for a fair price and its way cheaper than buying a new DAP. Just search this thread.

10. anyworld1209
    Weird. I cannot make it work. And in the dpx1a manual it said "Use a 4-conductor plug for the 2.5 mm diameter headphone jack of this unit, and use a 3-conductor plug for the 3.5 diameter headphone jack. The jacks are not compatible with microphone input." He lied. Beside. Who on earth would need that mic function on a DAP?

11. KevDzn
    As far as I know, no microphone controls works on onkyo dx-p1. 4 pole 2.5mm is for balance mode only.

12. Hakase
    So you ended up having to swap out the whole PCB in your xdp? I've had the XDP 100R for the last couple years but the headphone jack has gotten so loose that holding it upside down on a heavy cable causes it to just fall out. Still my favorite DAP ive ever owned so I would love to just repair the jack, but im worried about not having a part to replace it and it's still my daily driver :frowning2:

13. JohnRS
    Yeah I bought a spares unit and used the whole PCB.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  14. bluedolphin
    Quick question does Dpx1 comes with Google play store installed
    need it to install poweramp+paid themes.

I can get onkyo Dpx1 for a good price just need to know?

15. DBaldock9
    bluedolphin likes this.