ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:49 AM Post #15,617 of 16,326
For poweramp users, does anyone of you have issues with songs in the playlists being erased once you restart your DP-X1? I know i should be using the native app but i got used to poweramp's UI :)

Apr 25, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #15,618 of 16,326
For poweramp users, does anyone of you have issues with songs in the playlists being erased once you restart your DP-X1? I know i should be using the native app but i got used to poweramp's UI :)
I'm a big fan of PowerAmp too, but I haven't experienced that problem. I HAVE experience PA to not even find music though, I'm guessing a tagging issue. I'm not a fan at all of the Onkyo player.

Apr 26, 2018 at 5:28 AM Post #15,619 of 16,326
I'm a big fan of PowerAmp too, but I haven't experienced that problem. I HAVE experience PA to not even find music though, I'm guessing a tagging issue. I'm not a fan at all of the Onkyo player.
I'm having no problems with the tags on PA, only playlist issues. I'm only comfortable using PA as Onkyo music player app jumbles up some tracks which makes it hard to navigate hence spoils the mood. Maybe it's my fault for being lazy. I guess i'll have to re-tag someday.

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #15,621 of 16,326
I've just got my 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable and is literally second song in ("Hell is Chrome" and "Spiders" from Wilco's A Ghost Is Born) on my first listen... I made an effort to analyse the same tracks before I replaced the cable (which was pretty badly worn out, so it could be that). But everything is fuller, and rounder, more dynamics... quite impressed!

One of my main observations over the last year with the Onkyo is that I've come to realize the Lock Range Adjustment is hugely important to me. I find that having it set to as Narrow as possible (far right setting) gets the best soundstage and is the most natural sounding. I've been aiming to use that setting for a long time, but realized that (as the warning suggests), it becomes too much for the DAC to bear on busier material (especially with 24-bit FLACs), and it starts skipping intermittently. 16-bit/44.1khz stuff it handles OK, and I ramp it up for the CD stuff.

Anyhow, it just occurred to me (though I hadn't anticipated this before I got the cable) -- by using the Twin DAC feature and having a DAC dedicated to one channel at a time, it seems to be able to deal with the highest LRA setting with no skips!! If I had known this, I would have switched to balanced earlier!

I'm throwing my busier and highest sampled stuff at it at the moment. Fingers crossed.

[p.s. Oops, I just realized I posted to the wrong thread. This was intended for the DP-S1 thread. However, I'm sure the same features apply ... and since I can't seem to find a Delete function, I'll leave it here]

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #15,626 of 16,326
I've just got my 2.5mm TRRS balanced cable and is literally second song in ("Hell is Chrome" and "Spiders" from Wilco's A Ghost Is Born) on my first listen... I made an effort to analyse the same tracks before I replaced the cable (which was pretty badly worn out, so it could be that). But everything is fuller, and rounder, more dynamics... quite impressed!"

Hello,

Nice to hear that.
Did you try a mono soundfile by any chance? When I try that on my player plugged onto a Oppo PM3, I can clearly see that there is a problem between channels. I wonder if it is only me...
The open stage you are talking about is not a phase issue between channels? Just asking because I would like to know if only me have an issue here.

Enjoy the machine!! :)

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #15,627 of 16,326
i'm using shure se353 too . But i turn off EQ :D

I always turn EQ off but not in this case.
Whats your settings? In SE there is zero harshness and the sound is really smooth. But in BAL the sound is really really sharp, ”ss” ”sh” literally hurts to listen to. Could it be my cable? I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/T-F-SF-Balanced-Astell-AK100II-AK120II/dp/B072QXTWVH

What settings are you using? Bal or Acg or unbal? Sharp,short,slow? Wide narrow? Dsf off or on?

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #15,628 of 16,326
Need help :frowning2:(
I try to root, disable some services, install twrp backup. But can’t do anything like wipe, format, flash. Now my x1a is stuck at powered by android starting. Can anyone guess my how to fix this?

With the USB cable connected, can you access the DP-X1 with the adb or fastboot commands, after powering-on when holding either the Forward or Reverse button, while pressing the Power button?
If so, you should be able to re-flash either the stock ROM image, or the rooted one.

May 1, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #15,630 of 16,326
for those spotify users, are you able to save the downloaded offline files into the micro sd card or in its 32gb(dpx1)/64gb(dpx1a) internal memory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back