ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 19, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #14,102 of 16,326
power amp
just a heads up, using poweramp (even the test version with the Meizu hack) If you go into sounds settings and turn OFF the EQ. TONE and LIMIT you will notice quite a change in the audio output. Makes it seem like its still using the qualcomm dac, for some reason. Not saying don't use it, as the amp section of the device is awesome even through the qualcomm dac, but it just seems that the stock music app is better in regards to the ESS DAC implementation.
Viper is awesome, but isn't it locked at 24/48...hence all those hi res files (24/92. 24/192 , DSD, and all in between) will be downsampled?

I did turned off all the eq before testing.

Dunno if it's placebo or not, I just feel the sound is more open compare to the stock player.

Mar 20, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #14,103 of 16,326
Is only for dp-x1 !
[COLOR=333333]if you flash this firmware, you will have Onkyo.[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]player, boot animation, update for Onkyo.[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]and will not be player pioneer.[/COLOR]

This statement is completely untrue. The firmware will work for both, and startup will brand to whichever device you have. (pioneer or onkyo)

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #14,105 of 16,326
hello. Any impressions already? Enough power to drive fully?

Very interested to hear your experience.  I have some balanced cables coming also.  Hope they sound great for you.

I was able to get a few hours of listening in over the course of the weekend. In short, I'm thrilled with match so far.

Out of the 3.5 standard, the HE-560s were fairly classically under-powered. Although I could get the volume to just over a tolerable level, they sounded thin and relatively unexciting.

Through the balanced, there's noticeably more juice. Better separation, stronger bass, more open highs. Much more volume too. They sound pretty damn great.

Obviously, it's not a replacement for a full-size desktop setup, but for what I wanted the DP-X1 for, it's perfect. I can take it to the office and around the house without having to stack, which I find obnoxious. Battery life has been affected, but I found I do get around 15 hours playback with my IEMs, and balanced out to the HE-560s, I am getting around 8 plus. Not bad.

I did notice that using the stock DP-X1 music player and Poweramp, Poweramp does go significantly louder but sounds a little more constrained than the stock app. Seems like others are having similar experiences based on the last few posts.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #14,106 of 16,326
i know it is out of topic can anyone help on how i can get on onkyo hf player  folder view

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #14,108 of 16,326
Has anyone installed the latest version of UAPP on the onkyo dp-X1 so that you can now listen to MQA via Tidal HiFi Masters?

Mar 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #14,109 of 16,326
Has anyone installed the latest version of UAPP on the onkyo dp-X1 so that you can now listen to MQA via Tidal HiFi Masters?

Well, I updated UAPP over the weekend - but I don't use Tidal.

EDIT: Update - I have found that when I'm using UAPP to stream radio channels, if I hit "Pause", the application usually has to be "Force Stopped", and re-started before any music will resume playing (local files, or streams from the Internet).  It's pretty annoying.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #14,111 of 16,326
This statement is completely untrue. The firmware will work for both, and startup will brand to whichever device you have. (pioneer or onkyo)

why are you lying?
open the firmware and see:
bild.prop is just under Onkyo!
players only Onkyo!
upgrade keys, Onkyo!
in accordance with the data from the build.prop firmware will take your device, Onkyo!

Before writing this, open the firmware or put it on a pioneer 300.
I have a pioneer 300 and I know whereof I speak.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #14,112 of 16,326
  why are you lying?
open the firmware and see:
bild.prop is just under Onkyo!
players only Onkyo!
upgrade keys, Onkyo!
in accordance with the data from the build.prop firmware will take your device, Onkyo!

Before writing this, open the firmware or put it on a pioneer 300.
I have a pioneer 300 and I know whereof I speak.

I've installed the rom on my Pioneer, there's no difference. All of the pioneer branding was retained. I'm glad you "know whereof you speak!" though, that's important.  

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #14,113 of 16,326
That's more interesting. The problem is only with Tidal and only on the 2,5 balanced output!
3,5 is OK.
Any thoughts?

I've never experienced any hiss on Tidal either. Plenty of short interruptions to playback of offline content, which I have given up hope of ever being fixed, but certainly no hiss.

It's really odd that it's affecting balanced output only on your player. It would suggest a hardware fault but if other applications are okay then it can't really be 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:15 PM Post #14,114 of 16,326
OK - first problem with DP-X1.  All of a sundden my computer will not recognize it when plugged in.  Try to update the driver and says there is an error - to see manufacturer website.  What the heck.  This thing has been a bit tempermental from the start.  And I don't see any drivers on the ONKYO website, and the device itself says it's up to date.

No clue.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #14,115 of 16,326
Well,

I have it "fixed", I guess.  I went deeper into the menu sysetem and got it to recognize the player.  But it has me a bit concerned.  It has been a bit tempermental from the start it being recognized by my computer and by Music Bee.  Not really sure why.  My Fiios X3 Gen 2 works fine, always, but the DP-X1 seems a bit hit or miss.

Anyone else experience this when connecting to a computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back