ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 6, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #13,636 of 16,326
There is no work around for it as of now. I just try not to pay attention to the skips as they dont happen a lot for me. I have a little over 600 songs on my Tidal Hifi. I also have 200 gbs of Flac and DSD in the other slot.

Hi thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it :) so in your case sir you decided to live with the skips and still use the sd slot? contemplating if i should do the same. The skips dont happen that often, i actually thought the tidal update last night fixed it since i got to several songs without a skip but it then came up again this morning hehe :)  based on my observation, the skips are not permanent to a specific song right? i mean, when it skips on that part of the song when you listen again to it it might not skip at all? thanks

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #13,637 of 16,326
Hi thanks for the quick reply, appreciate it :) so in your case sir you decided to live with the skips and still use the sd slot? contemplating if i should do the same. The skips dont happen that often, i actually thought the tidal update last night fixed it since i got to several songs without a skip but it then came up again this morning hehe :)  based on my observation, the skips are not permanent to a specific song right? i mean, when it skips on that part of the song when you listen again to it it might not skip at all? thanks

Yeah the skips are random and never in the same spot. This may be fixed in future updates. I think its a great DAP and will keep it for the long haul. Thinking of pairing it with the Hugo in the future.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #13,638 of 16,326

If your DP-X1 is rooted, install a Terminal Emulator app, and in the Terminal screen type:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" >> /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

This works to force Permissive mode, every time the DAP boots.

I am going to try it Thank you for it.

This morning I went almost in panic mode after flashing a similar script Major boot loop and shut off And no Nandroid backup .So I made one and replaced some file but not the system according to this http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/11220#post_12846468

I could revive it let see one happen after this anyway now I got a good backup just in case!

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #13,639 of 16,326

If your DP-X1 is rooted, install a Terminal Emulator app, and in the Terminal screen type:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" >> /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

This works to force Permissive mode, every time the DAP boots.

I am going to try it Thank you for it.

This morning I went almost in panic mode after flashing a similar script Major boot loop and shut off And no Nandroid backup .So I made one and replaced some file but not the system according to this http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/11220#post_12846468

I could revive it let see one happen after this anyway now I got a good backup just in case!

I know the script is working since after reboot I type in terminal getenforce I got Permissive as reply but It did not fix my problem where I have to start the built in player to get it working with the rest of it.

Maybe I need to make V4A a built in system application with titanium, anyway not really a big deal Thank you again

Also forgot to mention Cannot make it wok with USB/DAC even with the built in app (no processing) anyway In this case I do not really need it since with the Mojo I get into an other league

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #13,640 of 16,326
Hi All,

I'm trying to pair the DP-X1 with my receiver but not success (with message "Can't Communicate with device"), anyone have any idea why? Fyi, I can use my mobile and macbook to pair with the receiver....

Feb 7, 2017 at 8:56 PM Post #13,645 of 16,326
Hello all- new to the DP-X1 and love it. I downloaded the Poweramp Alpha 704 app and think it sounds better than the stock Onkyo player, however it cannot access the hi-res audio output. Anyone have any updates on this? I've searched the threads, and tried the various suggestions posted some time ago, but no luck. Thanks in advance!

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #13,646 of 16,326

Is X1 pairing with other devices? Or the same problem? It looks that you have possibility to get the new one....

Yes, it do pair with other devices (like in my car audio and my Macbook pro). I just got a new receiver which is bluetooth enabled and tried to pair it.

Actually not a really big deal but just try to understand what is the reason that pairing is not successful.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #13,647 of 16,326
Hello all- new to the DP-X1 and love it. I downloaded the Poweramp Alpha 704 app and think it sounds better than the stock Onkyo player, however it cannot access the hi-res audio output. Anyone have any updates on this? I've searched the threads, and tried the various suggestions posted some time ago, but no luck. Thanks in advance!

Have you ever tried UAPP? I think this sounds better than the stock app.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #13,648 of 16,326
I have - does that app avoid resampling and rely only on the Onkyos DAC? Much better than the stock app, but still prefer the Poweramp alpha. Just drives me crazy that it's being resampled and not using the DACS to the fullest potential.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #13,650 of 16,326
I have - does that app avoid resampling and rely only on the Onkyos DAC? Much better than the stock app, but still prefer the Poweramp alpha. Just drives me crazy that it's being resampled and not using the DACS to the fullest potential.

All 3rd party apps "should" be going through the DACs as stated recently. I just updated my poweramp to a beta that is suppose to not resample, I have not tried it yet. UAPP is suppose to not upsample with the latest update, again have not tried it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back