ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 6, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #13,621 of 16,326
Just got back from CanJam NYC where I asked the Onkyo rep if the DP-X1A was going to be released in the US. He said that it was and that he had one with him but was told he could not show it even though they had shown it at other shows. I then asked about availability and he said it would be available in the US next month. 

So if anyone in the US wants one, the wait is almost over.

Thanks for the info.

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #13,622 of 16,326
Just tried Skype on the DP-X1A with a 3.5mm TRRS inline mic cable, and it worked :)
Brilliant little device!

Skype without camera! Probably ok in case of emergency if you forgot your phone

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #13,624 of 16,326
@guliver: Most of my client sites use Skype for Business, so I love the fact that I can be listening to music on this and just pick up work calls :)

@shootertwist: My power button requires the same pressure to press as the other buttons, but being recessed does take a bit more focus to use.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #13,626 of 16,326
  Well I need a hint or better the exact command to make it permissive since What I tried so far did not work for me!

If your DP-X1 is rooted, install a Terminal Emulator app, and in the Terminal screen type:

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mkdir /system/su.d
echo "#!/system/bin/sh" > /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "setenforce 0" >> /system/su.d/permissive.sh
echo "0" > /sys/fs/selinux/enforce
chmod 755 /system/su.d/permissive.sh

This works to force Permissive mode, every time the DAP boots.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:35 PM Post #13,627 of 16,326
I can't undertand why in stock Onkyo player the comfort volume level is 135 and in PowerAmp 75 is anought. I am strarted to thinking that stock playes doesn't use all the power of device. Can someone explain?

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #13,628 of 16,326
I can't undertand why in stock Onkyo player the comfort volume level is 135 and in PowerAmp 75 is anought. I am strarted to thinking that stock playes doesn't use all the power of device. Can someone explain?

Poweramp use 100 as max I believe.

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #13,631 of 16,326
  Just tried Skype on the DP-X1A with a 3.5mm TRRS inline mic cable, and it worked :)
Brilliant little device!

Did you use a cable with just a mic, or did it also have media controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rew)?

I know that the 3.5mm jack on the original DP-X1 does not support TRRS cables with media controls (I've tried both iPhone & Android cables).

If the DP-X1A does support 3.5mm TRRS cables with media controls, then that's a notable new feature, other than the doubled internal memory.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:38 PM Post #13,632 of 16,326

In PowerAmp Audio Options if you disable "Direct Volume Control" volume will be the same as stock player. Whu it's much lowder with Direct volume control I dont know, but I disabled it as I'm afraid it might damage the device.

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #13,633 of 16,326
Really enjoying the dpx1 which i just got, great balance of form and function and of course it sounds great :) only gripe is that tidal offline function when setting it to save to the sd card, tried it about 3-4 times already and it does skip when saved to sd card and seems good when on internal memory. Just want to ask to those who frequently use tidal offline, is there really no workaround to this? I'm on tidal hifi and just kinda disappointed i cant use my sd card for offline albums, which i'm sure can fill up that 22gb+ internal memory of the dpx1  in no time. I've read and researched about it all of last night and it seems its also an issue with other android phones? .. thanks in advance to those who can offer some advice or share some tips :)

Feb 6, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #13,635 of 16,326
Really enjoying the dpx1 which i just got, great balance of form and function and of course it sounds great :) only gripe is that tidal offline function when setting it to save to the sd card, tried it about 3-4 times already and it does skip when saved to sd card and seems good when on internal memory. Just want to ask to those who frequently use tidal offline, is there really no workaround to this? I'm on tidal hifi and just kinda disappointed i cant use my sd card for offline albums, which i'm sure can fill up that 22gb+ internal memory of the dpx1  in no time. I've read and researched about it all of last night and it seems its also an issue with other android phones? .. thanks in advance to those who can offer some advice or share some tips :)

There is no work around for it as of now. I just try not to pay attention to the skips as they dont happen a lot for me. I have a little over 600 songs on my Tidal Hifi. I also have 200 gbs of Flac and DSD in the other slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back