ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 7, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #13,651 of 16,326
All 3rd party apps "should" be going through the DACs as stated recently. I just updated my poweramp to a beta that is suppose to not resample, I have not tried it yet. UAPP is suppose to not upsample with the latest update, again have not tried it yet.

UAPP does not resample only if you have connected an external DAC via USB. Otherwise it sends audio data to Android which is fixed at 48Khz but that still goes to the DAC.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:53 PM Post #13,652 of 16,326
All 3rd party apps "should" be going through the DACs as stated recently. I just updated my poweramp to a beta that is suppose to not resample, I have not tried it yet. UAPP is suppose to not upsample with the latest update, again have not tried it yet.

Ok thanks. How about Neutron? Just downloaded the evaluation copy. Seems good but the UI is confusing. Almost too many options.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #13,654 of 16,326
Im sure your right but i thought i read with this new update it will play through Android with no resampling.

That would be cool, but they will have to bypass Android for that to happen. Just like the stock app. If that is true then it's a great update. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #13,655 of 16,326
Would like to seek the help of android experts here, i'm trying to install the walkman app from sony but their latest walkman app is now named "music" and i think this is the main reason i cannot install it (was able to get an apk and it installs on other android devices) since onkyo's music player is also named "music". I tried getting the old version still named "walkman" and it did install, but this is early 2016 build and they have added more enhancements since then... was wondering if there is a way to sort of rename the "walkman (music)" apk ... thanks in advance :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #13,656 of 16,326
Looking for some hints about managing the music on my DP-X1.

I'm currently using JRiver Media Center 22, to rip and/or convert music to FLAC files, to put on my DAPs.
So far, I've just done a copy > paste in Windows Explorer, to move the folders & files from the PC, to the DP-X1 and M1.
Windows pops-up a Warning box, every time I go to copy FLAC files, asking if I want to convert to another format.

I'd like to use a method (command line, like Robocopy; or program like JRiver or X-DAP) that is configurable to copy only the new folders & files to the DAPs, and possibly be able to exclude some folders & files from being transferred (but not delete them from the PC, like a Sync command might do).  One caveat - the DP-X1 does not show up as a mounted drive letter on the PC (like the M1 does), so I haven't figured out how Robocopy would access the SD Cards in the DP-X1...  
blink.gif

So, what do you use to manage the music transfers to your DAPs?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #13,657 of 16,326
  UAPP does not resample only if you have connected an external DAC via USB. Otherwise it sends audio data to Android which is fixed at 48Khz but that still goes to the DAC.

Here's a post I made a couple of weeks ago, where I was comparing the data rates being displayed on the screen, when High Resolution files were played with the stock Onkyo Play Music app, and with UAPP - http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/13110#post_13195157

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:05 PM Post #13,658 of 16,326
Would like to seek the help of android experts here, i'm trying to install the walkman app from sony but their latest walkman app is now named "music" and i think this is the main reason i cannot install it (was able to get an apk and it installs on other android devices) since onkyo's music player is also named "music". I tried getting the old version still named "walkman" and it did install, but this is early 2016 build and they have added more enhancements since then... was wondering if there is a way to sort of rename the "walkman (music)" apk ... thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Is your DP-X1 rooted, or not?
All of my Android devices (including DP-X1) are rooted, but I suspect you could install a file manager app, and rename the walkman app file, before you install it.  But, if they have any hard-coded references in the app, to the app folder name, then it probably won't work correctly.

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #13,661 of 16,326
A noobie answere... is it possible that my dragonfly red destroy my dp-x1 in volume output?
Maybe i have wrong settings in my dpx1 music app...

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #13,662 of 16,326
A noobie answere... is it possible that my dragonfly red destroy my dp-x1 in volume output?
Maybe i have wrong settings in my dpx1 music app...

The DFR has 2.1 V per channel for a power of approximately 2×135 mW into 32 Ohms

The DP-X1 does 75 mW + 75 mW (Unbalanced/ 32 Ω) and 150 mW + 150 mW (Balanced/ 32 Ω).

So you would need to use the DP-X1 balanced to have higher power than the DFR.

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #13,663 of 16,326
^its not rooted sir, my other android devices are rooted but have not done it to the dpx1, just got it and i dont want to lose its warranty, at least for now hehe
smily_headphones1.gif
just wanted to use the walkman app from time to time
smily_headphones1.gif

Just like with most phones you can just restore the firmware to stock in case You have to take your device to authorised service, If root doesn't require unlocking bootloader (which is exactly the case on X1) then there is no way anyone will be able to tell that you rooted your device in the past.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #13,664 of 16,326

The DFR has 2.1 V per channel for a power of approximately 2×135 mW into 32 Ohms

The DP-X1 does 75 mW + 75 mW (Unbalanced/ 32 Ω) and 150 mW + 150 mW (Balanced/ 32 Ω).

So you would need to use the DP-X1 balanced to have higher power than the DFR.

I use DRF in UAPP with hardware volume to max and with a 1/3 of the volume software my HE-400i litterally screams... Meanwile with dpx1 in balanced mode with the same headphones they simply sound... (high gain)... I don't understand.... with my Edition X the difference is less due the more sensivity of the Headphones... but i suppose is the same kind of difference... The DRF output volume is more strong even of my desktop amplifier Hifiman EF2c (320 mW X 2)... I don't understand...
Now I purchase one iFi iCAn SE for the Onkyo, but i have to lost the balanced connection...

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #13,665 of 16,326

I use DRF in UAPP with hardware volume to max and with a 1/3 of the volume software my HE-400i litterally screams... Meanwile with dpx1 in balanced mode with the same headphones they simply sound... (high gain)... I don't understand.... with my Edition X the difference is less due the more sensivity of the Headphones... but i suppose is the same kind of difference... The DRF output volume is more strong even of my desktop amplifier Hifiman EF2c (320 mW X 2)... I don't understand...
Now I purchase one iFi iCAn SE for the Onkyo, but i have to lost the balanced connection...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

That doesn't make much sense since the DP-X1 in balanced mode should out-power the DRF. You're sure there isn't some form of pre-amp applied in UAPP? You should always use it in bit perfect mode. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back