ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 8, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #13,666 of 16,326

I use DRF in UAPP with hardware volume to max and with a 1/3 of the volume software my HE-400i litterally screams... Meanwile with dpx1 in balanced mode with the same headphones they simply sound... (high gain)... I don't understand.... with my Edition X the difference is less due the more sensivity of the Headphones... but i suppose is the same kind of difference... The DRF output volume is more strong even of my desktop amplifier Hifiman EF2c (320 mW X 2)... I don't understand...
Now I purchase one iFi iCAn SE for the Onkyo, but i have to lost the balanced connection...

Are you using the 2.5mm output or the 3.5mm? 

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:23 AM Post #13,667 of 16,326
But I notice that, the bit perfect mode don't allow UAPP to change the hardware volume (I suppose the DRF inetrnal volume that Audioquest claim to put to maximum to transform the 3.5 mm in lineout connection) that boost up more times the overall volume...
Why I have to activate Bit perfect? Any improvement? And the dp-x1 hasn't that kind of settings?
Thanks and I apologize for my bad english... I'm form Italy.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #13,668 of 16,326
  Are you using the 2.5mm output or the 3.5mm? 

When i want to go balanced i have to use 2.5 surfcable balanced for He400i and Edition X
but even this the Onkyo volume is way far from the DFR output...

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:30 AM Post #13,669 of 16,326
  But I notice that, the bit perfect mode don't allow UAPP to change the hardware volume (I suppose the DRF inetrnal volume that Audioquest claim to put to maximum to transform the 3.5 mm in lineout connection) that boost up more times the overall volume...
Why I have to activate Bit perfect? Any improvement? And the dp-x1 hasn't that kind of settings?
Thanks and I apologize for my bad english... I'm form Italy.

Oh sorry! I forgot the DFR doesn't have hardware volume buttons. 

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #13,670 of 16,326
How I can set up the maximum DAC internal volume for the onkyo in his settings or in his music app as UAPP do (hardware volume setting) for the DFR?
Maybe I can try to istall UAPP on the Onkyo and see if it work and use hardware volume on it as for DFR...
Thanks

Feb 8, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #13,671 of 16,326
I apologize.... last question... UAPP on dp-x1 will control the dual sabre dac/amp or the internal snapdragon DAC?
Can I use balanced/agc mode with UAPP on my dp-x1?
The reply from UAPP support for this answer is:"I can't tell. There is no Android API to use different codecs, so it
depends on how the manufacturer wired it all up and changed the Android
audio system and kernel what happens exactly when an app uses the Android audio system."
Thanks

Feb 8, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #13,673 of 16,326
  Looking for some hints about managing the music on my DP-X1.

I'm currently using JRiver Media Center 22, to rip and/or convert music to FLAC files, to put on my DAPs.
So far, I've just done a copy > paste in Windows Explorer, to move the folders & files from the PC, to the DP-X1 and M1.
Windows pops-up a Warning box, every time I go to copy FLAC files, asking if I want to convert to another format.

I'd like to use a method (command line, like Robocopy; or program like JRiver or X-DAP) that is configurable to copy only the new folders & files to the DAPs, and possibly be able to exclude some folders & files from being transferred (but not delete them from the PC, like a Sync command might do).  One caveat - the DP-X1 does not show up as a mounted drive letter on the PC (like the M1 does), so I haven't figured out how Robocopy would access the SD Cards in the DP-X1...  
blink.gif

So, what do you use to manage the music transfers to your DAPs?

Thanks,
David Baldock

I had the same task and managed to achieve my goal the following way (using JRiver on MAC)
1) in MC22 create new smart folder with the rule to show only the files added in the last XX days, you can also use hours and weeks, etc.
2) On left side panel, right click on the newly created smartlist
3) Select "Sento To" -> "Drivers and Devices" -> select your SD card (you shold have mounted it earlier)
4) MC22 sends all new albums to SD, it creates folder structure Music->Artist->Album (might be an option in to modify that in MC preferences, did not try as Im pretty happy with default)

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #13,674 of 16,326
Anyone have any information on when the DP-X1A will be available in the US (legitimately, not via shipment from a Japanese vendor)?

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #13,675 of 16,326
My DP-X1A acted weird yesterday. It would not fully load its Android system.

I tried reboot but that didn't solve the problem. I tried also hard-reset (power and forward button)... at one juncture on the screen it shows recovering certain number of apps. It was taking a while so I left it there and walk away. By the time I get back, it had turned off itself. Tried reboot or power up, it just would not get to a fully loaded state under Android system. After a while I gave up and don't really have the time to tinker with it.

I stopped trying and now resort to just leaving it in my office to charge over-night (off-state) (though I am quite sure it has nothing to do with battery power as it was almost fully charged).

Anyone face this issue before with X1 / X1A? Really frustrating and perplexing. This unit was recently bought in Dec 16.

Feb 8, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #13,676 of 16,326
  Anyone have any information on when the DP-X1A will be available in the US (legitimately, not via shipment from a Japanese vendor)?

Somebody I cannot remember who a few pages back went to CanJam NYC and spoke to somebody from Onkyo Japan that said they will be at US dealers for sale in March I believe.  That is third hand so it may not be correct in part or whole or could have changed.  This is the last I have heard.  I did email Drew from Moon Audio and he said he hopes to get a shipment, but dealing with Onkyo USA is a pain.  From his attitude I have a slight feeling he may ditch selling Onkyo products if they cause him much more frustration.  I could be also reading too much into it so take that with a grain or two of salt.

Cheers

Riley

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #13,677 of 16,326

Thanks for the info.  When I went to Onkyo's website I couldn't find any way to ask them directly, which isn't a good sign about support for their products...

Feb 8, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #13,679 of 16,326
  Moved from Onkyo default player to Power Amp.

2 things that i dislike in Onkyo player:
1. Can't work with last.fm
2. Can't download album covers.

Now i am happy. What do you use?

For the album covers, do you mean the Onkyo Music Player won't display them, or it won't automatically find and download the images, based on the music files?
It definitely does display album covers, at least it will when they're embedded in the individual FLAC files I transfer from my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back