ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 5, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #13,608 of 16,326
  I believe @addyg is referring to the the Vsonic GR07X.. I used to to own the previous generation version of it, and they were awesome.. great bang for buck.

There's also the Sennheiser IE80 in the USD.200 mark range.. also another IEM I owned and really enjoyed.  You'd need a bespoke or boutique 2.5mm balanced cable for them, but they should be cheap on eBay, etc. depending on where you stay.

There's also the triple-driver Westone W30 & Sony MDR7550 that I know of, in that price range.

​Thanks for your input. I finally ordered the LZ A4s. Kinda liked the tunable option. Also ordered a cable that will work with them and my SE215.

Feb 5, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #13,609 of 16,326
There are several different versions of Viper4Android that can be downloaded and installed.  For V4A specific questions, the various XDA Forums are your best bet for getting answers.
The option to select the quality of the driver is in an older version, but not in v2.5.0.5 (FX) that I have installed on my rooted DP-X1.
v2.5.0.5 (FX) works with any of the media apps that I've got installed, including YouTube.

This is the exact same version I have, it does work with everything but after a reboot I need to start the OEM player to have it working with the rest of it, also I did not install Selina Mode Changer like some old guide recommend, not sure if I should.

Did you have the option to choose the quality of driver during installation?

Besides this, since you got a balanced cable, what type of improvement did you get with it?

Feb 5, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #13,610 of 16,326
Just got back from CanJam NYC where I asked the Onkyo rep if the DP-X1A was going to be released in the US. He said that it was and that he had one with him but was told he could not show it even though they had shown it at other shows. I then asked about availability and he said it would be available in the US next month. 

So if anyone in the US wants one, the wait is almost over.

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #13,611 of 16,326
This is the exact same version I have, it does work with everything but after a reboot I need to start the OEM player to have it working with the rest of it, also I did not install Selina Mode Changer like some old guide recommend, not sure if I should.

Did you have the option to choose the quality of driver during installation?

Besides this, since you got a balanced cable, what type of improvement did you get with it?

The first version of Viper4Andriod that I tried, was v2.4.0.1, and it did have a diver quality option.

I tried editing some System files, following directions I found on XDA Forums, which was supposed to allow the V4A mediaserver to work, even when SELinux is set to Enforcing.  That didn't work.  So, I edited the System files which keep SELinux set to Permissive, and that does work.  If you don't want to edit the files, you can install one of the SELinux Mode Changers, which needs to be run each time you reboot.

When V4A is running, it will modify the audio output for the Headphones and for Bluetooth.  I've never tried streaming Audio to an external DAC, so I don't know whether V4A works on the USB port.

Feb 5, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #13,612 of 16,326
  Just got back from CanJam NYC where I asked the Onkyo rep if the DP-X1A was going to be released in the US. He said that it was and that he had one with him but was told he could not show it even though they had shown it at other shows. I then asked about availability and he said it would be available in the US next month. 

That's GREST news!!!

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:50 PM Post #13,615 of 16,326
By "better storage" you mean bigger internal capacity? 
I'm asking because I wonder why would anyone buy this one over Pioneer XDP-300r which is basically the same model with more ergonomic shape and fixed jack issues

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #13,616 of 16,326

That is absolutely fantastic!!!  I knew Onkyo USA didn't know what they were talking about when a previous Head Fier asked if it would be available in the USA.  I won't go into details, but the Onkyo USA rep's answer was pretty odd like they had no idea what they were talking about.

Thanks mate!

Riley

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #13,618 of 16,326
  The first version of Viper4Andriod that I tried, was v2.4.0.1, and it did have a diver quality option.

I tried editing some System files, following directions I found on XDA Forums, which was supposed to allow the V4A mediaserver to work, even when SELinux is set to Enforcing.  That didn't work.  So, I edited the System files which keep SELinux set to Permissive, and that does work.  If you don't want to edit the files, you can install one of the SELinux Mode Changers, which needs to be run each time you reboot.

When V4A is running, it will modify the audio output for the Headphones and for Bluetooth.  I've never tried streaming Audio to an external DAC, so I don't know whether V4A works on the USB port.

Well I need a hint or better the exact command to make it permissive since What I tried so far did not work for me!

Feb 6, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #13,620 of 16,326
Hi guys, is the power button really harder to press than the other buttons? i understand its recessed, but just want to be sure the unit i got is ok... it works properly but i need to press harder compared to the other buttons, thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back