ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 30, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #12,301 of 16,326
Should the loose jack issue cause someone not to buy this unit? i did ask before but i am till unsure. can someone give me the full low down on this as the unit is such a nice package. thanks

Just buy it and make your own judgement dont take advice from someone who does not own it. If you purchase it and you find an issue just return it. Ive had mine since April and all is good!

Nov 30, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #12,302 of 16,326

Does the EQ affect streaming apps, like Spotify, Soundcloud, and Tunein Radio?

Take Care,
David Baldock

Ah, the EQ I am referring to is only for the Stock player. Unless the streaming app has built-in EQ then yeah Viper4Andorid or any other 3rd party EQ should do the trick

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #12,304 of 16,326
FOR MY TEST I CAN CONFIRM THAT 2.5 male to 3.5mm unbalanced female cable is safe for ACG mode

First of all I researched a lot. The conclusion i found that in ACG mode the ground of both channel end is fixed to 0 v so there is no current flowing in negative pole..so if u connect both negative pole there will be no current flow in negative terminal..but normal balace mode has some voltage in both end. I have tested with shure 846 and hd800 for 1 month with my unit and there is no damage of my unit. Note that i have tested balaced to unbalanced cable in ACG mode only.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #12,305 of 16,326
  Should the loose jack issue cause someone not to buy this unit? i did ask before but i am till unsure. can someone give me the full low down on this as the unit is such a nice package. thanks

I would think not. I have had mine since before they were available in the US and have had no problems. Fact is that some folks have reported issues and some have reported gaps around the jacks and have taken precautions (described earlier in this thread) to prevent problems. Others just report no problems even with the gaps. I don't believe I have seen enough "problems" to consider it a manufacturing defect that would stop me from buying it. The ultimate question about the "loose" jacks is have those that have actually had jack failures is what caused them, excessive use stress or poor soldering of the jack to the circuit board. I don't think I can remember more than about a half dozen actual failures which is a very small number. The actual failures have been overcome by expected failures because of the gaps around the jacks. Buy from a reputable retailer who will support you if you are one of the few that have a problem or spend $300 more for the DP-X1A with its perceived stronger jacks due to a better fit or alignment of the jacks to the frame. Then just enjoy the music.

Just my opinion.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #12,306 of 16,326

I would think not. I have had mine since before they were available in the US and have had no problems. Fact is that some folks have reported issues and some have reported gaps around the jacks and have taken precautions (described earlier in this thread) to prevent problems. Others just report no problems even with the gaps. I don't believe I have seen enough "problems" to consider it a manufacturing defect that would stop me from buying it. The ultimate question about the "loose" jacks is have those that have actually had jack failures is what caused them, excessive use stress or poor soldering of the jack to the circuit board. I don't think I can remember more than about a half dozen actual failures which is a very small number. The actual failures have been overcome by expected failures because of the gaps around the jacks. Buy from a reputable retailer who will support you if you are one of the few that have a problem or spend $300 more for the DP-X1A with its perceived stronger jacks due to a better fit or alignment of the jacks to the frame. Then just enjoy the music.

Just my opinion.

Okay.  Good to know the number of problems may have been exaggerated due to multiple posts by the same users caused me to misunderstand.  Hope that is the case because it looks like a great dap.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #12,307 of 16,326

Okay.  Good to know the number of problems may have been exaggerated due to multiple posts by the same users caused me to misunderstand.  Hope that is the case because it looks like a great dap.

That is why never jump into conclusion. People who have issues usually make the most noise. Which is understandable. It's been like that here in Head-Fi. The issues reported in this thread is nothing compared to other gears. (See X7) This is also the reason why it's not good to give advise based on second hand information.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #12,308 of 16,326

That is why never jump into conclusion. People who have issues usually make the most noise. Which is understandable. It's been like that here in Head-Fi. The issues reported in this thread is nothing compared to other gears. (See X7) This is also the reason why it's not good to give advise based on second hand information.

Noted.  Thank you for being so kind as well as teaching me something to grow with.

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #12,309 of 16,326
  Anyone know if DP-X1 support dual band wifi (2.4 and 5 GHz)? 

For some reason, I need to use 5GHz band, but there is no info in the specification...Thanks.

I can confirm that it does work at both frequencies.
Tested it by switching my Nexus 5 phone Hot-Spot from 2.4GHz to 5GHz, and my DP-X1 will connect on either band.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 PM Post #12,310 of 16,326
Anyone here using the HiBy music app on their DP-X1? Any idea how to activate the 'shuffle' option (or even there's one in the first place?)

There‘s a play order control button on the upper left and a add to playlist button on the upper right. Kind of hidden by the album art at times :p

We'll make these buttons more visible in the future :p

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 30, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #12,311 of 16,326
Sorry for advising on subjects I have no direct knowledge of and sorry if I offended anyone.  That was not my intention.  I was just going by second hand info which I should not have done.  I will stick to asking questions and no longer make statements.  I apologize.

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #12,313 of 16,326
Guys, how's the firmware doing? Any prevalent issue still?

Do you have any particular issue you are watching for? I don't have issues with DP-X1 but my use case is different from others. In fact this is the best non-apple DAP I have when it comes to software. It's not as simple as the AK DAPs but it it more versatile and very useful. Definitely better in terms of stability and features working in comparison to X7

So far the stock player works well. Bluetooth and wifi connection is as good as it gets on any mobile device I have. 

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #12,314 of 16,326
Is this dap easy to make playlists spanning across 2 micro sd card for use.  I have a Fiio X5 and Fiio keeps lying a saying my X5 supports this when it does not.  I plan on getting a non Fiio dap.  They lost a customer for life.  I am throwing my X5 away.  What a waste of money.

My opinion is that it is easy to create playlists for the DP-X1, but what I consider easy you may feel is intolerable. It took a fair amount of effort to research and experiment to learn how to create them and even more to install them so they work in an efficient way. In my case, I have multiple DAPs with about 25 playlists that range from 50 to 1,000 tracks. Some were initially created in iTunes and others in jRiver Media Center. All then need to be edited to match the file path to the DAP's file structure using a text editor. The DP-X1 has a few extra steps to get them installed including having to create two playlists (one for each sdcard) and combining them on the device to have playlists that include tracks from both sdcards. Of course you can create them manually using the X1's library. Once you learn how it is fairly easy to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back