ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 1, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #12,316 of 16,326
  Thank you.  I would rather create playlists on the DPX1 itself .  Is that easier?

As easy as press-hold a track, then a menu pops up with the option to add to a Playlist. The next popup list the available playlist or create a new one where you wan the song you just selected.

You must be using the library-view to create a playlist. I don't think it is supported in Folder view.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #12,317 of 16,326

As easy as press-hold a track, then a menu pops up with the option to add to a Playlist. The next popup list the available playlist or create a new one where you wan the song you just selected.

You must be using the library-view to create a playlist. I don't think it is supported in Folder view.

Can you pm me with your email so I could email you a couple songs off of a 2 disc album set up for Itunes for you to put on your DPX1 so you can take a pic so I can see how they show up?  That is why I am unsure about using library view.  Thanks.  Or if anyone has a 2 disc album.  Could you put the filename as 1-01, 1-02, 2-02 and 2-02 before the track name in the file name?

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #12,318 of 16,326
Would buying the DPX1A guarantee the jack issue is history as its a brand new product? pioneer set me an email saying all new uk stock has the issue fixed with the jack referring here to non A models. reported problems are occuring in units imported from asia and sold as uk stock by non authorised dealers is what they said.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #12,319 of 16,326
Would buying the DPX1A guarantee the jack issue is history as its a brand new product? pioneer set me an email saying all new uk stock has the issue fixed with the jack referring here to non A models. reported problems are occuring in units imported from asia and sold as uk stock by non authorised dealers is what they said.

Not surprising response from a local retailer. Of course there are dodgy sellers but not everyone from asia. DP-X1A is not a 100% guarantee of no jack issues but the possibility is very small compared to DP-X1.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #12,320 of 16,326
Can you pm me with your email so I could email you a couple songs off of a 2 disc album set up for Itunes for you to put on your DPX1 so you can take a pic so I can see how they show up?  That is why I am unsure about using library view.  Thanks.  Or if anyone has a 2 disc album.  Could you put the filename as 1-01, 1-02, 2-02 and 2-02 before the track name in the file name?

Upload it in google drive or dropbox and provide the link.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #12,321 of 16,326
this email was from Pioneer UK not a local dealer. surely they must be right here. They were stressing to buy from an authorised UK dealer to avoid jack issue

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #12,323 of 16,326
My opinion is that it is easy to create playlists for the DP-X1, but what I consider easy you may feel is intolerable. It took a fair amount of effort to research and experiment to learn how to create them and even more to install them so they work in an efficient way. In my case, I have multiple DAPs with about 25 playlists that range from 50 to 1,000 tracks. Some were initially created in iTunes and others in jRiver Media Center. All then need to be edited to match the file path to the DAP's file structure using a text editor. The DP-X1 has a few extra steps to get them installed including having to create two playlists (one for each sdcard) and combining them on the device to have playlists that include tracks from both sdcards. Of course you can create them manually using the X1's library. Once you learn how it is fairly easy to do.

I would be very grateful if you could detail these steps you go through. I have a Pioneer XDP-100R and am having the exact same issues with exporting playlists from JRMC,  I just don't know how to get it to work, especially across both SD cards.  Gone Mad Music Player seems to translate the paths itself, but I have not been successful with working out how to get the stock music app to recognise externally-created playlists, even editing them to what I though the correct paths should be. The playlists appear but are empty.  And where do you put the playlists, in the root of your defined music folder?

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:23 AM Post #12,324 of 16,326

The stock music app does recognise the disk number tag if that's what you mean. If you have both CDs tagged with the same artist and album name and the disk number tags are set correcrtly, the tracks appear in the right order under the album.  I don' tknow how iTunes tags multi-disc albums though.

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #12,325 of 16,326
Pioneer UK sent me this email which sounds like good news.

"The Headphone Jack issue has been dealt with on all new UK stock, For
complete piece of mind make sure you go to an authorised Onkyo dealer, I
have had reports of some less honourable online retailers buying stock from
Asia and advertising it as UK stock when it is not, thus, it  does not come
with a UK warranty. Below is a link to our dealer network"

Putting that aside can anyone recommend a good full size headphone that has good synergy with DAP's and can go balanced. At present i can only see Beyer T5P or possibly Oppo PM2 both low impedence. The idea of say HD800 with 300 ohm impedence doesn't feel right to me even if balanced maybe i'm wrong here.

Last thing for someone making the transition from a desktop setup hw easy is the navigation when wading through 1000's of lists of tracks/albums on the DPX1 and where in UK can you buy the new A model.

many thanks

Dec 1, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #12,327 of 16,326
Hey everyone,

I'm getting a lot of clipping playing 16bit audio with no EQ. I've played around with gain. That doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm doing a system update right now. We'll see how that pans out. If not, what's next? Digital filters?

Has anyone had this issue?

Dec 1, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #12,329 of 16,326
  hm... there is new ota update for dp-x1...
726mb+ size.
new kernel build. not sure what changed.

Saw this link on the HK site http://www.hk.onkyo.com/en/support/searchresult?code=DP-X1&tab=gj

Summary from website

FW version: 0.1.37.8

The update contains the following changes:

1. Enhanced  Android system security.
2. Enhanced read SD card stability.
3. Enhanced the LCD panel brightness adjustment.
4. Added the new item in “Gain setting”.

Remark: “Low” is default setting, however “High” is default setting after firmware updated, please beware of the volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back