ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 27, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #10,576 of 16,326
Since I've had my player for about 1 wk now. Little trial and error that has really improved my battery life.

1. Disabled Mail, Calendar and notifications. Basically, any programs that will require to check online for updates.
2. Dim my screen brightness.

Battery life has greatly improved.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #10,577 of 16,326
Me. Loose 2,5mm jack - bad ground connector for left ear. Fixed by myself.

I wonder how you fixed yours? Need to open up the player and do some soldering work? Any tips on this will be very appreciated.

I just bought one which is on the way over to me. Don't know if this will happen to mine, but it's better to be prepared.

Thanks and cheers!

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #10,578 of 16,326
I wonder how you fixed yours? Need to open up the player and do some soldering work? Any tips on this will be very appreciated.

I just bought one which is on the way over to me. Don't know if this will happen to mine, but it's better to be prepared.

Thanks and cheers!

Only one tip needed, do the acrylic fix! Why do people not just do it right away? It is easy, inexpensive and effective. Whitigir posted detailed instructions back in the this thread and I strongly suggest you do this and avoid potential issues. Good luck and enjoy the DP-X1.

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #10,582 of 16,326
  It takes a little while for it to update all the artworks, I found. I had two microSD cards, and it took a while for it to read every artwork. I don't know why it just didn't read from the folder or tag though.

ok ... thanks

Some artwork are like embedded within the music file itself for my case while some are in the folder as a pic
so dun really know the artwork standard or format...

in the past didnt really notice this but with dp-x1... quite obvious as the artwork displays so nice if it comes out
:D :D

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #10,583 of 16,326
Yippeee app update!

Noticed the current download # on Google play was in the 5ks. Really curious to know how many owners there are.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #10,586 of 16,326
Only one tip needed, do the acrylic fix! Why do people not just do it right away? It is easy, inexpensive and effective. Whitigir posted detailed instructions back in the this thread and I strongly suggest you do this and avoid potential issues. Good luck and enjoy the DP-X1.

Would it void the warranty, though?

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #10,587 of 16,326
  thanks for the answer, on some songs like gunse n roses You Could Be Mine., voice and some instruments are sharp and strain the hearing, your advice and the only way to act on EQ 8:10?

Easiest way - to equalize. Also you can try set filter to Slow, lock range to Wide. Maybe problem with headphones - some of them are sibilant?

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #10,588 of 16,326

Thanks and cheers!

My pleasure :)
Let's hope for good.
My fix was easy - no opening, no soldering - just pushed forward golden plated contact inside socket with needle. Turn off X1 before to avoid shortcut! Good torch light needed to find contact.

Jul 28, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #10,589 of 16,326
  Onkyo's Music app has been updated.

WHAT'S NEW 

[New function]
- Add "Artwork Mode" playback screen
*playback screen from the side menu.
- Support for ID3 tags embedded in WAV files
[Improvements]
- Fixed display for MQA playback
- Improve music playback stability
- Fixed other bugs

What is it going to take to get fracking Album Artist view? And no folder view is not a substitute because you can only navigate one SD card at a time.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:00 AM Post #10,590 of 16,326

Thanks. I've used epoxy to fix loose jack before, but that's for permanent fix. Will keep this as one of the options. Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back