ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 26, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #10,546 of 16,326
In Hong Kong, there are tons of local store that sells the X-1 

I'm just wondering, it is totally doable for me to buy after audition and send it to head-fier who are desperate to get a normal unit

But do I need to pay tax for mailing it?

Shoot me a PM if anyone interested

Jul 26, 2016 at 11:56 PM Post #10,547 of 16,326
Have you considered trying it again and this time buying it from Onkyo? I bought mine from onkyo and have no issues, the 2.5mm was a bit loose when I bought it(which is unacceptable for such an expensive DAP) but I used Epoxy and all is good. I did pay more than most for it but I feel better buying it directly from Onkyo.

I considered that option, but since I live in Canada, it's very limited and they don't officially sell it here as far as I know.

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #10,548 of 16,326
In Hong Kong, there are tons of local store that sells the X-1 

I'm just wondering, it is totally doable for me to buy after audition and send it to head-fier who are desperate to get a normal unit

But do I need to pay tax for mailing it?

Shoot me a PM if anyone interested

That's very interesting. You don't need to pay tax. You can just say that the receiver will pay for it, but you'd still need to pay for shipping. I doubt that many people would want to buy from HK because I assume majority here lives in North America, Europe, or Asia where Onkyo now sells DP-X1. And to be frank, they have much nicer return policy in NA/EU than in Asia (I came to Canada from South Korea).

Jul 27, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #10,549 of 16,326
That's very interesting. You don't need to pay tax. You can just say that the receiver will pay for it, but you'd still need to pay for shipping. I doubt that many people would want to buy from HK because I assume majority here lives in North America, Europe, or Asia where Onkyo now sells DP-X1. And to be frank, they have much nicer return policy in NA/EU than in Asia (I came to Canada from South Korea).

Yea, the refund policy in Hong Kong is almost non-exsisting

The only pro to buy in Hong Kong is that you can try it before buying it

This can eliminate the chance of getting loose jacks units

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #10,552 of 16,326
Morning everyone! I am currently in the market for a new DAP.

The X1 keeps on coming back to the top of my list as I go through the wealth of DAP's available. However, the headphone jack is an issue that bothers me a lot.

I decided to send a support request to hunt down a revised one and noticed there's a X1-DP-B listed under the part number. Can anyone tell me what the -B implies? It's on the EU site.

Thank you!

Jul 27, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #10,553 of 16,326
  Morning everyone! I am currently in the market for a new DAP.

The X1 keeps on coming back to the top of my list as I go through the wealth of DAP's available. However, the headphone jack is an issue that bothers me a lot.

I decided to send a support request to hunt down a revised one and noticed there's a X1-DP-B listed under the part number. Can anyone tell me what the -B implies? It's on the EU site.

Thank you!

Black, I think.

Jul 27, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #10,555 of 16,326
Onkyo's Music app has been updated.

WHAT'S NEW 

[New function]
- Add "Artwork Mode" playback screen
*playback screen from the side menu.
- Support for ID3 tags embedded in WAV files
[Improvements]
- Fixed display for MQA playback
- Improve music playback stability
- Fixed other bugs

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #10,556 of 16,326
Thanks. I'm also looking for a "new" batch from which to buy from. I can basically shop anywhere in the world due to parcel forwarding (Japan / US / EU) problem is I don't know how to search for a new batch :) 

I don't even know about the new batch either

Onkyo's Music app has been updated.

WHAT'S NEW 

[New function]
- Add "Artwork Mode" playback screen
*playback screen from the side menu.
- Support for ID3 tags embedded in WAV files
[Improvements]
- Fixed display for MQA playback
- Improve music playback stability
- Fixed other bugs

updating now

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #10,558 of 16,326
something weird happening to my dpx1...the battery drain after i plug in 2.5 balanced cable on it. i notice the music app will not stop even after the jack has been unplug from the dap.

what i did is manually stop the music my self but the battery drain continue~

i dont encounter this when i using normal 3.5 jack.. :frowning2:

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #10,559 of 16,326
  something weird happening to my dpx1...the battery drain after i plug in 2.5 balanced cable on it. i notice the music app will not stop even after the jack has been unplug from the dap.

what i did is manually stop the music my self but the battery drain continue~

i dont encounter this when i using normal 3.5 jack.. :frowning2:

This is completely normal and not a fault - electronically 2.5mm balance jack has no way to detect whether a headphone is connected or not as all four pole connections in the jack are used for audio, whereas for 3.5mm jack one pole (the mic pole) is also used for connection detection.

It just means that if you use balance, always remember to stop the music. It'll become a habit eventually.

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #10,560 of 16,326

This is completely normal and not a fault - electronically 2.5mm balance jack has no way to detect whether a headphone is connected or not as all four pole connections in the jack are used for audio, whereas for 3.5mm jack one pole (the mic pole) is also used for connection detection.

It just means that if you use balance, always remember to stop the music. It'll become a habit eventually.

problem now is i did stop the music but the drain still continue... :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back