ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #10,591 of 16,326

My pleasure :)
Let's hope for good.
My fix was easy - no opening, no soldering - just pushed forward golden plated contact inside socket with needle. Turn off X1 before to avoid shortcut! Good torch light needed to find contact.

This is to make the jack not too tight when push in or pull out the plug. But it's not a fix to solve the loose jack problem I guess. But thanks anyway :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:31 AM Post #10,594 of 16,326
I found the following page when Google around :
http://livingwithanerd.com/droid-1droid-2-loose-headphone-jack-repair-guide/

I guess we can use similar method to fix our loose jack problem.

Jul 28, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #10,597 of 16,326
someone who has the mojo may explain the difference in sound between: onkyo dp x1 and onkyo dp x1 + mojo.

I only had them for a week. But I really liked the sound of Mojo compared to Onkyo DP-X1. It might have due to DP-X1 not being able to fully drive my headphones. Since when using with Mojo, DP-X1's DAC/AMP are bypassed, sound signature is basically of Mojo's.

Obviously more body to the sound, slightly attenuated treble, warmer sound than DP-X1, detailed, wider sound stage (but not much), very well-balanced in general. But makes ill-recorded tracks pretty bad since you can hear the artifacts and compressed dynamic range.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll answer them upto what I remember.

Jul 28, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #10,599 of 16,326
I only had them for a week. But I really liked the sound of Mojo compared to Onkyo DP-X1. It might have due to DP-X1 not being able to fully drive my headphones. Since when using with Mojo, DP-X1's DAC/AMP are bypassed, sound signature is basically of Mojo's.

Obviously more body to the sound, slightly attenuated treble, warmer sound than DP-X1, detailed, wider sound stage (but not much), very well-balanced in general. But makes ill-recorded tracks pretty bad since you can hear the artifacts and compressed dynamic range.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll answer them upto what I remember.

What headphones are you using? I own both the Mojo and DP-X1 and don't think I could pick a side.

Jul 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #10,601 of 16,326
For all those who enjoy ONKYO products I have just completed my review of the open back A800. Just in case you are interested here is my shameful self promotion plug http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-a800-50mm-open-back-headphone/reviews/16515

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #10,603 of 16,326
I have the iDSD Micro for the hard to drive headphones and it's one of my favorite AMP/DACs. Have you tried the Micro?

Love the Micro as well, really surprising performance and a great sound signature.

Jul 28, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #10,605 of 16,326
Can the micro drive dt990 600ohm ?

Is it a thread about Micro or DT990?

ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back