ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #10,606 of 16,326

Is it a thread about Micro or DT990?

ph34r.gif

Now now, a little OT conversation is normal and quite acceptable. Find me one long thread that doesn't go OT many times. As long as it gets back on topic quickly enough it should be fine, IMO.

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #10,609 of 16,326
just did an antutu benchmark just for the fun of it! And DP-X1 rank 29/30 compare to other latest smart phone.

by the way i notice when i play DSD for 8 hours straight using SE and the device is not even near hot. hmmmm is this unit so heat efficient ?

Jul 28, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #10,610 of 16,326
More than happy with my combo, no problem so far (battery, connectors). I'm very cautious though.
Balanced sound is stellar, really changed my way of listening to my music.

Enable "Variable Line Out Mode" under Settings>sound & notifications if you have that option to fully utilize the amplifier output. Root the device and install Viper4Android if you haven't done it yet. You'll be surprised,.. :)

Jul 28, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #10,611 of 16,326
just did an antutu benchmark just for the fun of it! And DP-X1 rank 29/30 compare to other latest smart phone.

by the way i notice when i play DSD for 8 hours straight using SE and the device is not even near hot. hmmmm is this unit so heat efficient ?

My 2 cents

dp-x1 use eight large capacitors to reserve its output power. So it is capable of power when required , but also power efficient when listen at medium level.

Jul 28, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #10,614 of 16,326
can someone tell me what this really do?

Enable "Variable Line Out Mode" under Settings>sound & notifications if you have that option to fully utilize the amplifier output. 

I just enable it and it give me a warning say "listening to loud music will kinda of damange my hearing bla bla and ask to restart device."

After restart i notice the volume is much more louder like it is on High Gain Mode. Now when i use this to power my headphone Beyerdynamic T90..it is driving it with authority compare to the standard like out but the battery indicator also show it is draining fast...

And there is a little icon showing VLINE OUT

...hmmm interesting

Jul 29, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #10,615 of 16,326
  can someone tell me what this really do?

Enable "Variable Line Out Mode" under Settings>sound & notifications if you have that option to fully utilize the amplifier output. 

I just enable it and it give me a warning say "listening to loud music will kinda of damange my hearing bla bla and ask to restart device."

After restart i notice the volume is much more louder like it is on High Gain Mode. Now when i use this to power my headphone Beyerdynamic T90..it is driving it with authority compare to the standard like out but the battery indicator also show it is draining fast...

And there is a little icon showing VLINE OUT

...hmmm interesting

simply a bypass of the EU volume limitation

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #10,618 of 16,326
But I must admit that I was rather disappointed of dp, the sound is clean but with rock music has no body and thick that I thought, with that amp and  dac  I thought I had a thicker sound, but too thin for rock.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #10,619 of 16,326
  But I must admit that I was rather disappointed of dp, the sound is clean but with rock music has no body and thick that I thought, with that amp and  dac  I thought I had a thicker sound, but too thin for rock.

What headphones are you using? The DP-X1 is anything but thin sounding, at least that is what I found. Rock is always kind of thin if you ask me, and I have been listening to it since the 1980s. Once the guitars get screaming and the cymbals are swished and pounded those frequencies will be very front and center "thinning" the sound. I know there are times when the bass is prominent, but as I said I never find rock to consistently have much body. I'm sure there are exceptions, and a great deal I haven't heard, so I'm only speaking based on my personal experience which is of course nothing more than that.

Jul 29, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #10,620 of 16,326
  What headphones are you using? The DP-X1 is anything but thin sounding, at least that is what I found. Rock is always kind of thin if you ask me, and I have been listening to it since the 1980s. Once the guitars get screaming and the cymbals are swished and pounded those frequencies will be very front and center "thinning" the sound. I know there are times when the bass is prominent, but as I said I never find rock to consistently have much body. I'm sure there are exceptions, and a great deal I haven't heard, so I'm only speaking based on my personal experience which is of course nothing more than that.

listening grado sr225e, I do not give me that sense of fullness of sound, listening to metal, kreator, gunse n roses, violator, Exodus etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back