ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
May 19, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #8,462 of 16,326
I will suggest we better stop guessing what the Android SRC interaction with different player app.  As we are only normal users of a dap, not a programmer or sound engineer.

Simply put that.  I can hear Neutron and Poweramp each having their sound signature. I think that is the reason people buy their player app for use on Android.

Let's really do share of music and experience to tune it for better enjoyment.

The compare of dp-x1 and Fiio x7 should be based on users' preferences. Right?

May 19, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #8,463 of 16,326
That's nice--exactly what rates are you able to choose between now in Neutron?

These are the screenshot after I disabled the Generic Driver

Those are just the music file sample rate info. You need to go to Settings->Audio Hardware->Frequency (at the bottom) to actually change the frequency output to the DAC.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #8,464 of 16,326
  Thanks for breaking it down Rezei!

A bunch of people have said the X7 is warmer than the DPX1 and a bunch have said the exact opposite. 

It's helpful to to have more exact information. The fact that the Onkyo has more treble is significant for me and that seems to track with others too. 

You mentioned that the Onkyo also has more mid-bass, what about the mid frequencies where the vocals are at? Is it safe to assume that the X7 is thicker and fuller there? 

Yes. X7 has noticeably thicker and fuller vocal. The vocal is the main different point between two DAPs and easy to notice.

May 19, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #8,465 of 16,326
Have any of you tried rooting the DPX1 and modifying the root audio? I'm dying to try Dolby Atmos, Viper, and MaxxAudio. However, I'm a Mac person and new to Android. Will the Onkyo take rooting or am inviting a world full of hurt?

May 19, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #8,466 of 16,326
  Have any of you tried rooting the DPX1 and modifying the root audio? I'm dying to try Dolby Atmos, Viper, and MaxxAudio. However, I'm a Mac person and new to Android. Will the Onkyo take rooting or am inviting a world full of hurt?

I regularly check in XDA to see anyone is starting the development for DP-X1 rooting.

Still no luck til now.

May 19, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #8,468 of 16,326
  I regularly check in XDA to see anyone is starting the development for DP-X1 rooting.

Still no luck til now.

Hi does this mean that it can't be done with the DPX1 yet and that I shouldn't try it? I have everything tuned now to the best sound I've ever had from a mobile unit.  But...

me being me, like everyone here, can't leave well enough alone. I'm sorely tempted to try the instructions outlined on various sites.

From what you're telling me though I gather I wouldn't get very far. Is that right? t would really be obliged if you just saved me from bricking my Onkyo. Yikes.

May 19, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #8,469 of 16,326

Hi does this mean that it can't be done with the DPX1 yet and that I shouldn't try it? I have everything tuned now to the best sound I've ever had from a mobile unit.  But...

me being me, like everyone here, can't leave well enough alone. I'm sorely tempted to try the instructions outlined on various sites.

From what you're telling me though I gather I wouldn't get very far. Is that right? t would really be obliged if you just saved me from bricking my Onkyo. Yikes.

I would not recommend you to try rooting your unit without anyone else did it before.

Theoretically, it can be done like any other Android devices.

May 19, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #8,475 of 16,326
  Yes, I use Neutron myself but I want to adjust the L/R balance to take effect in the original music app.

Right, got it. I'm trying to root the DPX1 so I can use Tidal and have equalization and surround virtualization. If I can get Viper to work I might even be able to use my custom Smyth Realizer IR and virtualize a high-end speaker set up. Also, I can't believer some form of Dolby Atmos and MaxxSpace is out on Android and I can't access it. 

But, I will heed your advice. It's killing me, but having the Onkyo bricked with a voided warranty would be the worst. 

If I hear anything on XDA or elsewhere, I'll post here too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back