ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 10, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #7,022 of 16,326
  Somebody compared him to fiio x7? who sounds better?

I've compared the Fiio X7 to the Onkyo DP-X1 in my review of the X7, linked here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/15045#user_Non-volume_matched_comparisons

In summary, to me the X7 and the DP-X1 are very close to each other in sound quality, at least in single-ended mode. As for balanced mode, we'll have to wait to see when Fiio actually releases the balanced amp module for the X7.

Apr 10, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #7,023 of 16,326

I've compared the Fiio X7 to the Onkyo DP-X1 in my review of the X7, linked here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/15045#user_Non-volume_matched_comparisons

In summary, to me the X7 and the DP-X1 are very close to each other in sound quality, at least in single-ended mode. As for balanced mode, we'll have to wait to see when Fiio actually releases the balanced amp module for the X7.

thank you will read quietly

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #7,024 of 16,326

Missed this review, thanks!

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #7,025 of 16,326
The photo of broken 2.5 jack. I believe I know a bit of history about it.

It was taken from a second hand auction web site in China. The unit was selling from a girl who believed to have accidentally sit on the unit with the jack attached.

One of our chat group member bid on the unit and after receiving it and inspected it cannot be repaired, he returned the unit to original purchaser.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #7,026 of 16,326
The photo of broken 2.5 jack. I believe I know a bit of history about it.

It was taken from a second hand auction web site in China. The unit was selling from a girl who believed to have accidentally sit on the unit with the jack attached.

One of our chat group member bid on the unit and after receiving it and inspected it cannot be repaired, he returned the unit to original purchaser.

Interesting. Can't be repaired, or those people didn't know of a place where it could be repaired? Different things. Unless the attachment to the circuit board was broken, and the board as well, you would think anything can be fixed.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #7,028 of 16,326
IMO I like the SQ of Onkyo DP-X1 much better than Fiio X7 in SE mode. It is not because I own DP-X1 but I have also listened to X7 at CanJam SoCal 2016 which has SQ not to special to my ears and much cleaner than my X5.

In fact, they are torn between x5, x7 and onkyo dp x1, x5 and x7 between c is much difference SQ?
l onkyo is superior in SQ to x7 of little or a lot?
thank you.

Apr 11, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #7,029 of 16,326
In fact, they are torn between x5, x7 and onkyo dp x1, x5 and x7 between c is much difference SQ?

l onkyo is superior in SQ to x7 of little or a lot?

thank you.

It depends on what hps and/or IEMs you like to listen to each DAP. To me X7's SQ is superior to X5 (maybe because I listened with the best set up at CanJam SoCal) whereas I still love the SQ of X5 paired with IE800.
I would say the SQ of DP-X1 is superior to X7 when listening with balanced output.

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #7,031 of 16,326
^^

Agree, once you go DIGNIS, the PUX1 is just feels cheeeepp.. No offence to other users here.
I have both and sold the PUX1 once the DIGNIS arrived. Never been happier. =D

STOP TEASING ME BARSTOOL and post a link so I can see if I should get one whilst my wallet runs of somewhere!

(British humour btw, love you lots!).

Apr 11, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #7,032 of 16,326
Morning setup

• Audeze EL8 Titanium
  • Onkyo DP-X1 in High Gain, balanced AGC mode
  • DHC Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable

Music:
  • Underworld's 'Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future' (the track 'If Rah' sounds KILLER!):

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #7,033 of 16,326
It depends on what hps and/or IEMs you like to listen to each DAP. To me X7's SQ is superior to X5 (maybe because I listened with the best set up at CanJam SoCal) whereas I still love the SQ of X5 paired with IE800.
I would say the SQ of DP-X1 is superior to X7 when listening with balanced output.

sr225e grado to use headphones that have a timbre very open, I wonder which of these dap will get better with 225.
Previously I tried iBasso DX80 I hated it with a fatiguing sound and sharp.

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #7,034 of 16,326
STOP TEASING ME BARSTOOL and post a link so I can see if I should get one whilst my wallet runs of somewhere!

(British humour btw, love you lots!).

Here..here... http://www.dignisdesign.com. Your DP-X1 wil love you for it. Haha...

Quick fact, Dignis is the maker of leather cases for Astell&Kern DAP. So all those Buttero Italian leather case are actually put together by them. How do I know that? Well, I've asked them whether I can get the same leather case for my AK, but rejected as they have some sort of trade agreement with AK for exclusivity.

Cheers!

Apr 11, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #7,035 of 16,326
Here..here... http://www.dignisdesign.com. Your DP-X1 wil love you for it. Haha...

Quick fact, Dignis is the maker of leather cases for Astell&Kern DAP. So all those Buttero Italian leather case are actually put together by them. How do I know that? Well, I've asked them whether I can get the same leather case for my AK, but rejected as they have some sort of trade agreement with AK for exclusivity.

Cheers!

Thanks dude, in all this time I never thought to actually look at their official website (FACEPALM)...

And thanks for the info, Buttero Italian leather is is SWEET and would look amazing with DP-X1 ^^

Now, what colour...might get something that matches the EL8 Ti...

Edit:
Well £62.66 is a lot of money for the gorgeous black Dignis case, so unfortunately I'll leave it till later in the coming months.
Thanks frekedech, I'll get it and take pics, hopefully before CanJam London this year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back