ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 11, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #7,036 of 16,328
Morning setup

• Audeze EL8 Titanium
  • Onkyo DP-X1 in High Gain, balanced AGC mode
  • DHC Molecule Elite Fusion 4-Wire balanced cable

Music:
  • Underworld's 'Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future' (the track 'If Rah' sounds KILLER!):
The Underworld album is superb. IMHO. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #7,037 of 16,328
The Underworld album is superb. IMHO. :)

OMG THIS

I hadn't heard any new Underworld albums in a while but heard great things about this album. So I got it and it sounds phenomenal!

The track 'If Rah' is now a part of my test tracks ^^

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/n6f3yLHifFI[/VIDEO]

Also, found this piano rendition of the same song!

[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/QslJ7sU6tO0[/VIDEO]

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #7,038 of 16,328
I like the DPA-PUX1 personally as it is is slim, though the thicker Dignis one is far more professional looking.

And yeah these skins are amazing, but they are just wraps, not a case.
Just letting you know.

What colour skin would you choose if there was a choice?

I was exaggerating and I'm glad you like. For me it's just like with the iPhone: you have a beautiful device (and for me that's part of the fun) and than wrap in something that takes away that beauty.
I will probably try to sell the case and just use it without for the time being. When not in use my DP-X1 "sleeps" in a pelican case.
Anywho, just my eurotrash design snobbism
very_evil_smiley.gif

I dig that black CF look tho...

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #7,039 of 16,328
I was exaggerating and I'm glad you like. For me it's just like with the iPhone: you have a beautiful device (and for me that's part of the fun) and than wrap in something that takes away that beauty.
I will probably try to sell the case and just use it without for the time being. When not in use my DP-X1 "sleeps" in a pelican case.
Anywho, just my eurotrash design snobbism :veryevil:

I dig that black CF look tho...

I usually hate wraps, and I'm not sure if I'll go ahead, but I'm interested as the carbon fibre look is very nice.

I'm more interested in getting a Dignis case but approx £67 it's a bit much for me right now; will have have to save save up.

Apr 11, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #7,040 of 16,328
Dignis cases worth every penny. Not only look and fit great, but also protect your DP-X1 like a champ. I dropped mine on coarse asphalt from over 2 feet high and not a scratch. I'd like to see a wrap manage that, being it carbon fibre or titanium, ha ha ha!

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #7,041 of 16,328
OMG THIS

I hadn't heard any new Underworld albums in a while but heard great things about this album. So I got it and it sounds phenomenal!

I really liked 2nd Toughest in the Infants but was underwhelmed by Beaucoup Fish and forgot about them. This new one is right back up there for me. :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #7,042 of 16,328
Dignis cases worth every penny. Not only look and fit great, but also protect your DP-X1 like a champ. I dropped mine on coarse asphalt from over 2 feet high and not a scratch. I'd like to see a wrap manage that, being it carbon fibre or titanium, ha ha ha!

I'LL GET IT WHEN I GET PAID AND SORTED OTHER STUFF OUT DON'T WORRY!

But yes, it is a pretty gorgeous looking thing.

Would you mind taking pics of it with and without your Onkyo DP-X1?

Thank you ^^

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #7,043 of 16,328
I usually hate wraps, and I'm not sure if I'll go ahead, but I'm interested as the carbon fibre look is very nice.

I'm more interested in getting a Dignis case but approx £67 it's a bit much for me right now; will have have to save save up.

My DP-X1 spends the majority of it's life in a pocket but I still prefer to have a case for protection, personally, plus it also helps cover my external SD card adapter

This rather unceremoniously secured to the back of my DX-P1 with black tape and then covered over with the Onkyo stock case 
(only 256GB SD card for now but looking at 512Gb once they come down in price)
Looking to get another one of these once prices of SD cards start to fall. Just image 1Tb of files in my pocket
L3000.gif

EDIT: Correction attached to DP-X1 not Mojo
DOH!

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #7,045 of 16,328
My DP-X1 spends the majority of it's life in a pocket but I still prefer to have a case for protection, personally, plus it also helps cover my external SD card adapter

This rather unceremoniously secured to the back of my Mojo with black tape and then covered over with the Onkyo stock case 
(only 256GB SD card for now but looking at 512Gb once they come down in price)

Looking to get another one of these once prices of SD cards start to fall. Just image 1Tb of files in my pocket
:L3000:  

I am surprised that people would crave for "silver quality cables" for USB digital transport, but not silver quality cables here from the Reader to the devices ? It makes a whole lot of senses :D. I quoted for pictures references only and nothing personal

Btw, are those cables even OFC of 7N ?

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #7,048 of 16,328
I am surprised that people would crave for "silver quality cables" for USB digital transport, but not silver quality cables here from the Reader to the devices ? It makes a whole lot of senses
biggrin.gif
. I quoted for pictures references only and nothing personal

Btw, are those cables even OFC of 7N ?

You've lost me here
blink.gif

But in response I personally don't see a need for "silver quality cables" in my line up for DAC or DAP.
If we are talking about using with IEM's or HeadPhones maybe.....

But that's just my own preferences that and $5.99 for a USB OTG will do me just fine 

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:43 AM Post #7,049 of 16,328
You've lost me here
:blink:

But in response I personally don't see a need for "silver quality cables" in my line up for DAC or DAP.

If we are talking about using with IEM's or HeadPhones maybe.....

But that's just my own preferences that and $5.99 for a USB OTG will do me just fine 

I agree, and I wish Sony did has Walkman digital cables for that cheap, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back