ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 11, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #6,241 of 16,326
Yes! I noticed this also with some offlinealbums. Not all by the way. I was Just thinking to drop it on this board an d then i read your message...

Anyone experiencing minor pops and glitches once in a while when using Tidal?  I have about a 100GB library stored on card 1.  Happens even if it is on stand alone mode.  It will happen randomly - perhaps corrupt Tidal files?  I sounds somewhat like when there are corrupt mp3 files and one would hear a small glitch or a pop.

Mar 11, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #6,243 of 16,326
Yes! I noticed this also with some offlinealbums. Not all by the way. I was Just thinking to drop it on this board an d then i read your message...

Amsterdam
I have experience this on Pioneer and Onkyo, I think is the app or the DAP software

I deleted most of the albums I had on the card, had to do some cleaning anyhow. I checked, it does't do it with flac/wav files. So far I havent heard a pop using USB audio player pro to stream Tidal. Perhaps it is the Tidal app or having too much in the library.

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #6,247 of 16,326
To much in the library isn't the problem i think. Because i have only 6 offline tidalalbums on a 200 gb sandiskcard and nothing more on it on that card. :frowning2: I am not happy with it. I pay € 20'- a month for this lossless service and it is Bad and really annoying.
I deleted most of the albums I had on the card, had to do some cleaning anyhow. I checked, it does't do it with flac/wav files. So far I havent heard a pop using USB audio player pro to stream Tidal. Perhaps it is the Tidal app or having too much in the library.

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #6,248 of 16,326
  Whoa whoa whoa...  Where did THESE beauties come from?   How do I get one?!  Red looks gorgeous.

Absolutely! And you need one if you have a DP-X1 because of it's sharp edges. So I would be very happy if someone can tell the community where to buy these covers for the ONKYO player. Thank U!

BTW: This player, used with AKG712 headphones, the poweramp app instead of the included player and a little eq to give the very linear AKGs that extra punch is, yes, is: The best sound I have ever heard - and I heard most top notch DAPs, owned some, still own a Colorfly C4 -. but the ONKYO beats them all. I have finally arrived in "mobile Headphone Heaven"

Mar 12, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #6,250 of 16,326
So could DP-X1 owners speak out on your experiences with the volume control?  Both the wheel, and the touch panel - are they smooth, controlled, consistent?  Or is jumping around, sporadic, etc, ?  

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:20 AM Post #6,251 of 16,326
  So could DP-X1 owners speak out on your experiences with the volume control?  Both the wheel, and the touch panel - are they smooth, controlled, consistent?  Or is jumping around, sporadic, etc, ?  

My experience was perfect, loved the many steps of adjustment and it was smooth with both. The screen based control perhaps was a little different to get used to, but still pretty solid and easy I thought.

Mar 12, 2016 at 9:31 AM Post #6,252 of 16,326

I think it is nearly perfect. Very smooth with very small volume adjustments easily done. There is a slight delay between physically moving the control and the actual volume change, but it's small enough to be a non-issue (for me at least). No complaints here.

Mar 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #6,253 of 16,326
I think it is nearly perfect. Very smooth with very small volume adjustments easily done. There is a slight delay between physically moving the control and the actual volume change, but it's small enough to be a non-issue (for me at least). No complaints here.

Agreed, I would have liked slightly more resistance, but it's a minor complaint fine grained adjustement is really nice to have to get just the volume you need.
Volume lock is a great feature to have to, when you're on the move...

Mar 12, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #6,255 of 16,326
DP-x1 in the house, been messing around with it for a few hours.  I tried searching the thread first of course but couldn't find any definitive information.  Is there anything that can see the second SD card besides the stock player?  I know streaming services can't, but it seems that Poweramp or shockingly even Onkyo HF cannot as well?

Thanks for any help, I have just the 1 sd card now, but it would be great if I could add a second in slot 2 in the future for my own music, so the streaming services could have slot 1 to themselves.

Edit: also any ideas why Poweramp is significantly louder than either Onkyo player (HF or stock)? I can't find any setting or volume option that would imply the massive difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back