ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 26, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #4,311 of 16,326
I guess if you don't ask for lower value declaration you get hit big time, luckily although my parcel was controlled it went through for the lower value and the cost is minimal...

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #4,312 of 16,326
£585 all up. It is a bit of a longshot but I'm fully prepared to be underwhelmed in the light of recent encounters with a number of the latest and greatest. 

There's no perfect dap, AK100 and mojo still seems a good choice to have made but would love the onkyo with USB out to mojo and dual microsd and android

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #4,313 of 16,326
Finally
Onkyo has landed. Not really had too long to play with it.
1st impressions Not too bad
Sound wise compared to my Mojo?

IMO Chord Mojo has nothing to fear thus far.
Early days and still require balanced cable to try out properly

If I had to be brutally honest I've been spoiled, coming from the Mojo 1st, there has been a tinge of disappointment so far.
Mojo had me smiling the instant I first listened
Onkyo had me asking "Is that it?"

I am not writing off the Onkyo in the slightest and remember these are MY first impressions and NOT a review.

Yes I know it's an all in one DAP/DAC yada yada and the Mojo needs a transport, hence my reason for purchasing the DP-X1 in the first place.

Most likely a case of My expectations being too high in the first place.

PS shame no Folder browsing 
mad.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #4,314 of 16,326
  I know this has been asked before (with no replies), but do you guys have any suggestions for a inexpensive, short cable to connect the DP-X1 to the Mojo (micro to micro)? The previous poster had mentioned the TTVJ cable at $20, but I was wondering if any of you knew of alternatives. Micro USB to micro USB male/male seems to be a rare configuration as I can't seem to find much at all, and essentially nothing under 3 feet long

Inexpensive I don't have any input to provide, I think it's worth adding a bit more to get something that will last and be convenient, the best solution IMHO is right angled plug cables but those are not many and it's more expensive (like this : http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-form-fit-usb-cable-by-moon-audio.html). But I think it will last whereas straight plug might die pretty fast.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #4,315 of 16,326

I know this has been asked before (with no replies), but do you guys have any suggestions for a inexpensive, short cable to connect the DP-X1 to the Mojo (micro to micro)? The previous poster had mentioned the TTVJ cable at $20, but I was wondering if any of you knew of alternatives. Micro USB to micro USB male/male seems to be a rare configuration as I can't seem to find much at all, and essentially nothing under 3 feet long

Inexpensive I don't have any input to provide, I think it's worth adding a bit more to get something that will last and be convenient, the best solution IMHO is right angled plug cables but those are not many and it's more expensive (like this : http://www.moon-audio.com/black-dragon-form-fit-usb-cable-by-moon-audio.html). But I think it will last whereas straight plug might die pretty fast.

Here ya go.
10 cm

7cm

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #4,316 of 16,326
Finally

Onkyo has landed. Not really had too long to play with it.

If I had to be brutally honest I've been spoiled, coming from the Mojo 1st, there has been a tinge of disappointment so far.

I am not writing off the Onkyo in the slightest and remember these are MY first impressions and NOT a review.

Yes I know it's an all in one DAP/DAC yada yada and the Mojo needs a transport, hence my reason for purchasing the DP-X1 in the first place.

Most likely a case of My expectations being too high in the first place.

PS shame no Folder browsing :mad:

Fist confirmation on what I said ! thank you...Mojo in SE is probably worth twice it price...hell it even beats Zx2 in SE connection. Wait until you try out balanced and see :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #4,317 of 16,326
Jan 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #4,318 of 16,326

Sorry to read you're disappointed, but hell I never expected any DAP to sound as "wow" as Mojo as far as I am concerned... 
Nothing wowed me as much as Mojo (yet) even if ZX2 had distinctive areas where is was better than Mojo (but so does DP-X1 in terms of soundstage and layering).

The great thing with DP-X1 is how good a complement to Mojo it can be :)
They have different qualities, Mojo has incredible dynamics across all spectrum but DP-X1 has better soundstage and layering and more sparkle.

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #4,320 of 16,326
Let me know how much customs stings you for guys, I'd like one

VAT £16.82
Parcel Force handling fees £13.50

Total £30.32 No import or Excise Duty (this time!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back