ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 25, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #4,276 of 16,328

Well looking at the price tag though, I must say even if there's no hype, it's still quite a selling point.

I've heard about Jupiter being compared to IE800 but 64 Audio A12? can you give me a short impression?

I got the U12 from Kickstarter. It have a very wide and deep sound stage when paired with the DP-X1. It also sounded very smooth and laid-back but it is still able to pick up all the fine details of the tracks like a details monster and also very engaging. The separation is also very wide and precise. Most importantly, the ears are very relaxed after hours and hours of continuous listening because of the ADEL module. The listening volume also sounded louder as compared to other IEMs, hence the reduction of volume from the source.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #4,277 of 16,328
Does anyone here have problems with M3U playlist blank content after restarting device? it seems to me now the playlist M3U (android system) is useless on this player and stock playlist is very inefficient.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #4,278 of 16,328
I got the U12 from Kickstarter. It have a very wide and deep sound stage when paired with the DP-X1. It also sounded very smooth and laid-back but it is still able to pick up all the fine details of the tracks like a details monster and also very engaging. The separation is also very wide and precise. Most importantly, the ears are very relaxed after hours and hours of continuous listening because of the ADEL module. The listening volume also sounded louder as compared to other IEMs, hence the reduction of volume from the source.

It's a bit out of my budget so I'm looking at U10, any comparison? Cause when I saw the chart, U10 has higher "high" level and I like a bit brighter sound signature.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #4,282 of 16,328
  Does anyone here have problems with M3U playlist blank content after restarting device? it seems to me now the playlist M3U (android system) is useless on this player and stock playlist is very inefficient.

I find that I need to wait a while after the player is switched on for the playlists (from my microSD cards) to load. However, the playlist that I saved in my player's internal storage (testing purposes, using Sony Media Go software) is loaded immediately.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #4,284 of 16,328
According to what I gathered so far...android problem is that everything audio related is directed toward the build SOHC of the CPU which will then directed into integrated DAC if it was made, such as Snapdragon...and that is what DP-X1 has as a CPU. The same as LG-V10

However, DP-X1 doesn't have the snapdragon integrated DAC , but 1 ESS Sabres as default, and an additional one for balanced connection. It seems at the least, you are getting one DAC quality ?

Maybe too late to ask, but where did you get this info?

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #4,285 of 16,328
Maybe too late to ask, but where did you get this info?

Just all around the net, doesn't look like Onkyo has the typical sohc snapdragon DAC. It has dual Sabres instead, and when Poweramp bugged me in balanced mode, the right channel sucked, and there were no sound , but all short of noises instead.

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #4,286 of 16,328
Just all around the net, doesn't look like Onkyo has the typical sohc snapdragon DAC. It has dual Sabres instead, and when Poweramp bugged me in balanced mode, the right channel sucked, and there were no sound , but all short of noises instead.

Thank. I hope you are right. I follow this thread from the beginning but still not sure that 3rd party app use Sabre DAC or Snapdragon integrated DAC. AFAIK nobody confirm this except you.

Jan 26, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #4,287 of 16,328
  I'd love to know where you got it for that price, care to share? My friend and I are after one. 

http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/onkyo-dp-x1-b-portable-high-resolution-digital-audio-player-with-built-in-dac-headphone-amplifier-black.html

Price there in AUD. Gray import from HK with no taxes to Oz as it is under $1k AUD

PS: just got DHL tracking number. ETA in 48 hours. I just paid hours ago! This is just ridiculous :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #4,288 of 16,328
Was on the order page and hesitated a bit too long while it was showing stock. Gone now and It's now on back order but put my order in anyways.

http://www.eglobaldigitalcameras.com.au/onkyo-dp-x1-b-portable-high-resolution-digital-audio-player-with-built-in-dac-headphone-amplifier-black.html

Price there in AUD. Gray import from HK with no taxes to Oz as it is under $1k AUD

PS: just got DHL tracking number. ETA in 48 hours. I just paid hours ago! This is just ridiculous :)

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #4,289 of 16,328

I find that I need to wait a while after the player is switched on for the playlists (from my microSD cards) to load. However, the playlist that I saved in my player's internal storage (testing purposes, using Sony Media Go software) is loaded immediately.

I don't know but my playlists are actually stored in Internal storage. But after restarting, they're blank again so i have to delete and create with software, it's very inconvenient..

Jan 26, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #4,290 of 16,328
That's my DP-X1 on its way now, email this morning with shipping number etc. Hopefully won't take too long to the UK. How long is EMS normally - 7-10/days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back