ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 26, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #4,291 of 16,328
That's my DP-X1 on its way now, email this morning with shipping number etc. Hopefully won't take too long to the UK. How long is EMS normally - 7-10/days?

Should be quicker than that. Mine took two days to reach me after leaving Japan, and I'm across the Atlantic so once it leaves Japan I would expect it to hit UK soil fairly quickly.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #4,292 of 16,328
Just got the shipping confirmation from PriceJapan 1/26. They took 3 weeks from my initial order for standard shipping so pretty accurate estimate. Hope to receive before the end of the week.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #4,293 of 16,328
I ordered my Onkyo when it was first released and received it quickly from Japan. Have a weird issue though, everything I connect to the 3.5mm is loose. Cables pop out with little movement. I've tried a variety of headphones and interconnect cables.

It's got to be a random issue, right? I'm bummed because it's not returnable, and after using it I decided it wasn't for me but I don't want to sell it to someone and pass the issue on to them.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #4,294 of 16,328
I ordered my Onkyo when it was first released and received it quickly from Japan. Have a weird issue though, everything I connect to the 3.5mm is loose. Cables pop out with little movement. I've tried a variety of headphones and interconnect cables.

It's got to be a random issue, right? I'm bummed because it's not returnable, and after using it I decided it wasn't for me but I don't want to sell it to someone and pass the issue on to them.

It's not all gloom. As long as you are clear on this issue and willing to discount to compensate for it, you may get a lot of interest in classified. There are many folks who are looking just for a music transport with 2 micro SD slots. These are folks with Chord Hugo or Mojo or ALO CDM. I plan to do just that with my CDM. 

As for the issue itself, it's probably due to an internal spring that's misaligned and not holding on to the grooved  section of the plug. You could look up an authorized Onkyo repair service and email them to see if they will repair for a fee. In the US, I'm 99% sure they will since each service listed is an independent 3rd party that do general electronics repair.

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #4,296 of 16,328
That is super helpful, thank you! Glad I didn't bust out the solder and a paper clip to narrow down the connector...ha!

​^ and in addition, many of those interested in buying the Onkyo are interested for the balanced input, so the 3.5mm jack issue may be less of a concern.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #4,298 of 16,328
I know this has been asked before (with no replies), but do you guys have any suggestions for a inexpensive, short cable to connect the DP-X1 to the Mojo (micro to micro)? The previous poster had mentioned the TTVJ cable at $20, but I was wondering if any of you knew of alternatives. Micro USB to micro USB male/male seems to be a rare configuration as I can't seem to find much at all, and essentially nothing under 3 feet long

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #4,301 of 16,328
When did you order yours. Ordered mine on 7th Jan and still waiting :weary:

Ordered on the 3rd Jan. I have emailed a couple of times for updates.

Jan 26, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #4,303 of 16,328
That is super helpful, thank you! Glad I didn't bust out the solder and a paper clip to narrow down the connector...ha!

Also it may not be returnable but I think you can send it back to PriceJapan for warranty handling for you if I remember correctly? This may or may not be more expensive than contacting the local service agent for a repair tho ...

Jan 26, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #4,305 of 16,328

Users who are viewing this thread

Back