ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 4, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #2,597 of 16,326
Great news from price Japan!

"We will ship it to the customers who ordered till Dec 04 , on Januarry 05-06."

Yeah, glad to know we could have Onkyo within this week! Fiio X1 which I use now is not bad, but I'm pretty sure Onkyo X1 is in another level :D

Jan 4, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #2,598 of 16,326
Q. Will DP-X1 + DPA-GL033 ship today then ? And  DPA-PUX1 after Jan 20?

A. Yes.

Kaneda
www.pricejapan.com

Just got this reply. Made my day (tomorrow's my bday too ^^).

Thank you guys for the heads up about the case. I was pondering about it, and just caved in. While it looks a bit thin and fragile it's better than nothing. I hope Dignis will come up with there own versions as well.

Can't wait to compare it SE to my ZX2 (SE as well). Asked Trevor to put my Norne Therium cable on hold until I decide which I prefer, so it'll get a balanced TRRS termination and an ultrashort adapter for the 'losing' one 
devil_face.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #2,599 of 16,326
Just one question if I plan to order from Pricejapan. The price quoted is in JPY, but if I choose PayPal will the total be converted to USD before paying?

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:08 AM Post #2,601 of 16,326
  Yes it will be on USD.

Thanks man this makes life easier. They have told me new orders would have to wait 10-14 days before they ship.

Jan 5, 2016 at 3:29 AM Post #2,603 of 16,326
Jan 5, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #2,604 of 16,326
My 006b cable has arrived. I'm going to do mini review on balanced mode later.

Quick impressions:

The sound is noticeably smoother. There were some peaks here and there with SE output, but it's really smoothed out with balanced settings. It sounds slightly airier than the SE output as well.

Jan 5, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #2,605 of 16,326

Another great interconnect from Konstantin at Lavricables. This one to connect my DP-X1 to the ALO CDM or Hugo. They are micro USB - micro USB with one end being OTG.

Interestingly, on both add-on DAC/amps, the sample frequency lights are showing a high frequency (corresponding to 176 on the CDM and 192 on the Hugo), even with Tidal tracks, which I think are 44/16. Is the Onkyo up-sampling, does anyone know?

The SQ improvement is subtle (all single-ended, although I'll be using both the DP-X1 and the CDM balanced soon). Using the CDM, it's a bit smoother (I assume the tubes doing their thing), with a touch more depth and "oomph" with a little more clarity in some frequencies, especially with acoustic-based music. But it's testament to the DP-X1 that the difference is far from night and day. Need some more time with the Hugo.

Jan 5, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #2,607 of 16,326
mine will be here friday, yay! Need to start pondering balanced cables now i guess. No news on the onkyo head/earphones that were supposed to accompany the dpx1? they looked very snazzy and bet they would great as a pairing

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #2,609 of 16,326
  Awesome. Thank you for the info. Do you know their delivery time by a chance? (since it looks like it is based on Singapore) 

Yeah this is actually a really good find! I have never heard of Null Audio before but they seem to have some cool stuff! Including this really nicely priced 2.5mm balanced to 3.5mm SE adapter!

- InsanityOne 
dt880smile.png

Jan 5, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #2,610 of 16,326
So is pricejapan the only real game in town currently, or are there other places I could order from? I'm back in as I am sick of carting a phone around with an amp and all the damn cables! Man does that clutter annoy me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back