ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 25, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #10,503 of 16,326

I'm also curious about that.

Use ES file explorer or Neutron.

I was hoping to avoid a 3rd party app where I would have to exit the player and dig through layers of folders to delete one song at a time.

I download whole albums to my DP-X1 to evaluate, then I like to delete the songs I don't care for, streamlining my music files and not having songs I don't care for taking up valuable space.
Anyone know how to delete a song from Onkyo player while playing? (Not connected to CPU or laptop)

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #10,505 of 16,326
an important question: range block controlwide , normal or narrow, or noticed that set by a wide annoyance ear at medium to high longer shown .

Try different settings for lock range. Simply speaking, the narrower the range the more density in sound.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #10,506 of 16,326
Try different settings for lock range. Simply speaking, the narrower the range the more density in sound.

What do you mean by "density"? That seems to imply congested sound which wouldn't be a positive and I'm not sure I remember that effect from that setting. When I had the DP-X1 I used the lock range at one click away from the narrowest as I found at the most narrow there were indeed playback hesitations.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #10,507 of 16,326

I was hoping to avoid a 3rd party app where I would have to exit the player and dig through layers of folders to delete one song at a time.

I download whole albums to my DP-X1 to evaluate, then I like to delete the songs I don't care for, streamlining my music files and not having songs I don't care for taking up valuable space.

Neutron is a player itself, you can use poweramp too.
U can delete the songs in these players.

dun think the default player is able to do that for now.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #10,508 of 16,326
  I've been following this thread now for a month or more...(began following it due to several suggestions of this DAP when I inquired about a great DAP that would also stream web-based music feeds)...

I really want to like this unit enough to purchase it, however, I keep reading about all the "bugs" with this DAP...from loose connections, to noise generation, to software glitches to...well...(we all get it...)...

So, I am wondering if ANYONE out there has a reasonably good idea regarding when Onkyo will manage to clean up the physical, electrical/digital, software, etc. issues that still appear to plague the DP-X1...?...I realize that this is Onkyo's first foray into the DAP market, and that Onkyo is a VERY big corporation, and therefor not terribly nimble and as such probably cannot start and stop production runs and so forth to "fix" those pesky little issues on a "whim", however, I would purchase one of these units very quickly once I learned from trusted sources that Onkyo had indeed done so...a DP-X1.2, or DP-X1.3 perhaps...  :)  ...

Anyone out there with a crystal ball with a lens attached...?...lol...

P.S.  I wouldn't have inquired if I didn't think that the DP-X1 did not have so much potential, however, I REALLY want a "finished" product at roughly $700.00 US...

Peace/Namaste

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #10,509 of 16,326
^ While there are some issues, the DP-X1 is quite a solid product for this price. While I agree $700 isn't pocket change, it also isn't premium pricing these days. Given all that it delivers for that price I think it is a very solid device and a solid value. Take a read in the FiiO X7 thread, another great device, but it clearly has even more issues and so will anything at these prices. The jacks are supposed to be better on the new runs, and do keep in mind, the majority of users still don't seem to have significant issues with the jacks. Regardless, I would do the simple, quick and inexpensive acrylic fix and forget about it completely. You start to run into crazy AK money if you want the absolute best user experience (not sound quality as some seem to still think the DP-X1 holds it's own).

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #10,510 of 16,326

Just got this used Whiplash Hybrid v3 (4 Silver+ 4 copper thread)cable with a bargain price (1/3 of the original price)

Man oh man! I never thought my Heir 10.0's soundstage can be even bigger and more 3D

The density of sound is hugely improved (because of the 8 thread?)

X-1 has no issue at all to drive it well (using normal balanced mode in high gain)

I was a little bit worried that the X-1 cannot drive a 8 thread cable well and I was wrong

You guys should try 8 thread balanced cable on our beloved X-1

Totally worth it!

Jul 25, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #10,511 of 16,326
    I've been following this thread now for a month or more...(began following it due to several suggestions of this DAP when I inquired about a great DAP that would also stream web-based music feeds)...

I really want to like this unit enough to purchase it, however, I keep reading about all the "bugs" with this DAP...from loose connections, to noise generation, to software glitches to...well...(we all get it...)...

So, I am wondering if ANYONE out there has a reasonably good idea regarding when Onkyo will manage to clean up the physical, electrical/digital, software, etc. issues that still appear to plague the DP-X1...?...I realize that this is Onkyo's first foray into the DAP market, and that Onkyo is a VERY big corporation, and therefor not terribly nimble and as such probably cannot start and stop production runs and so forth to "fix" those pesky little issues on a "whim", however, I would purchase one of these units very quickly once I learned from trusted sources that Onkyo had indeed done so...a DP-X1.2, or DP-X1.3 perhaps...  :)  ...

P.S.  I wouldn't have inquired if I didn't think that the DP-X1 did not have so much potential, however, I REALLY want a "finished" product at roughly $700.00 US...

Peace/Namaste

+1, my fingers on the trigger but every other post I read on this thread is about an issue with the DP-X1. so few DAPS do TIDAL too, i feel like we are one generation away from a truly great DAP, just no such thing right now.

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #10,512 of 16,326

+1, my fingers on the trigger but every other post I read on this thread is about an issue with the DP-X1. so few DAPS do TIDAL too, i feel like we are one generation away from a truly great DAP, just no such thing right now.

I'm so lucky that my unit has no jack issue and never heard a hiss in either Tidal or any other 3rd party app

If you can find a local shop that sells it, just try it before buying it

If not, just pick an online seller with good refund policy

Jul 26, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #10,513 of 16,326

Unfortunately none of us has 
42wfT_dnNZke8SeEibHpRhFra1bCwDMHRB98PV6LooK1qWO3PhvBxX0Xb-qsOor4Szjdyd64J2lOVd8LXJSkiGTbTa1wzn4=s0-d-e1-ft

Things have been very quiet on the firmware update front so either Onkyo are very busy beavering away, developing and testing, to make sure they have a rock solid update that fixes all the bugs and adds major new features ...

... or they can't be bothered and will leave it as it is.

We just don't know.

While the issues are minor irritants it still is, as Sonic Defender says, a very solid product. I certainly have no regrets over purchasing mine.

There is no real equivalent competition at the moment. There's lots more needing to be fixed with the FiiO X7.

I think the choice is to either take the plunge or wait to see what the IBasso DX200 brings, but it has no release date and nor have any of the second generation integrated players. 

The problem once you start waiting is that there's always something new and better just around the corner.

Jul 26, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #10,514 of 16,326
Just received my DP-X1. Best DAP that I've owned. Been using it for about 1wk now. Really impressed. About the hiss. Could it be those users are using headphones that are less than 16ohms? I have heard if using low impedance headphones will cause noticeable hiss. Mine are 16ohms and dead silent.. :D

Jul 26, 2016 at 5:28 AM Post #10,515 of 16,326
  What do you mean by "density"? That seems to imply congested sound which wouldn't be a positive and I'm not sure I remember that effect from that setting. When I had the DP-X1 I used the lock range at one click away from the narrowest as I found at the most narrow there were indeed playback hesitations.

What I understand from his post (and my own experience) is that the narrower the lock range, the stronger the imaging i.e. a more focused image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back