ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 22, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #10,473 of 16,326
hi wanna ask..is the onkyo HF player in playstore free if we use dpx1?

Isn't that the default player already and loaded? That would be the logical choice from Onkyo.

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:58 AM Post #10,474 of 16,326
Isn't that the default player already and loaded? That would be the logical choice from Onkyo.

i just bought this player and now experimenting with it...install application like iflix, sportify, tunein, whatsapp, telegram etc into it..cool little gadget... the default player look very different from the Onkyo player so i am just being curious here

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #10,475 of 16,326
i just bought this player and now experimenting with it...install application like iflix, sportify, tunein, whatsapp, telegram etc into it..cool little gadget... the default player look very different from the Onkyo player so i am just being curious here

I would think the version Onkyo uses is "custom fit" for this player. Since you own this player you're in better position to compare them and see if the unlock key is free . There is a free version of HF on GP, which lack some of the features mainly the USB driver of the paid version but should look and function the same. I have it[paid] on my LG V10, it's my go to player for sure.

Jul 23, 2016 at 5:04 AM Post #10,476 of 16,326
I would think the version Onkyo uses is "custom fit" for this player. Since you own this player you're in better position to compare them and see if the unlock key is free . There is a free version of HF on GP, which lack some of the features mainly the USB driver of the paid version but should look and function the same. I have it[paid] on my LG V10, it's my go to player for sure.

just tested is not free..no free unlock key..anyway i uninstall it and use back the stock player. still trying to figure out the different between balance and a.c.g in balance output...

Jul 23, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #10,479 of 16,326
200$? If you know how to use a soldering iron then you can buy a silver cable plus connectors (about 30$ altogether on Ebay) and have it in 5 minutes. It is not a Rocket Sciense. I am awaiting for my DP-X1, should arrive on Tuesday. Looking forward to it!

Jul 24, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #10,480 of 16,326
I'm sure most folk are aware of the famous Venture Electronics Monk / Monk+ earbuds.

You may not be aware that they are now producing a version with a 2.5mm TRRS jack plug, still at the $5 price point.

Mentioned in post #4384 of this thread with ordering information on the Venture Electronics' Official Club Facebook page.

The hype around these is somewhat over the top but they are very good and I don't think there are any other $5 options for trying out the balanced output on the DP-X1.

@rmillerx This was mentioned about a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back