ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 21, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #10,456 of 16,326
Does anyone knows if you can download audible on either of these? I been wanting one of these sabre thingies for a while and since the lgv10 seems sketchy with the DAC i figured one of these would be a nice grab. If anyone has tried please let me know, thanks.

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #10,458 of 16,326

I've used Angies through X1 and sounds fantastic.

bflat, I don't agree but 
beerchug.gif

X1 is an awesome source for Layla. Sounds full, dimensional and fierce. The damn things have A&K stamped on them!

Anyway, I can attest that they produce the best results I've heard from the X1, and the differences aren't negligible.

Great!
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #10,460 of 16,326
I'm testing it. Very good so far.

I loaded the first face battery about 10 hours, with flac in loop is playing on the screen turned off by 9 hours and 56% are enthusiastic about the battery life.
However, I turned off all apps.

Nice,

i like the interface, currently on the trial period.
will try out playerpro after this then decide which one to buy.

btw poweramp seems louder than the default music player? volume 90 on poweramp seems as loud as 120+ on the default player

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #10,461 of 16,326

Nice,

i like the interface, currently on the trial period.
will try out playerpro after this then decide which one to buy.

btw poweramp seems louder than the default music player? volume 90 on poweramp seems as loud as 120+ on the default player

For poweramp , you may turn on MusicFX and the volume will become normal level.

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:17 PM Post #10,463 of 16,326
Definitely something wrong with Your unit. I've stopped all unnecessery processes and uninstalled almost everything, leaving only player. I have 10-12 hours of playback on Onkyo Music, Pioneer player, Poweramp and Tidal HiFi. Online.

Tested on two units, demo one and my own. 16 and 24 bits.

That's what I think you SHOULD get with this player, not 2-4 hours while having to shut down everything else on the player. I would normally always turn on airplane mode and turn off Bluetooth and WiFi, but that didn't give me anymore battery life than if they were on. Just unacceptable. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #10,464 of 16,326
  That's what I think you SHOULD get with this player, not 2-4 hours while having to shut down everything else on the player. I would normally always turn on airplane mode and turn off Bluetooth and WiFi, but that didn't give me anymore battery life than if they were on. Just unacceptable. 

Try to install Greenify and stop all unnecessary background processes, don't forget to enable "battery saver". 

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #10,465 of 16,326

Yes, either a bad battery in your unit, or some circuitry is drawing way to much power. Either way, sadly it happens, I'm sure that doesn't make you feel any better, but it isn't unacceptable, it is reality with mass produced consumer goods. Sometimes a bad unit rolls out, works well enough to get past QC and sadly ends up making a customer very disappointed. What would be unacceptable would be the vendor or ONKYO not standing behind their product. You should have no issue at all getting a replacement unit or a full refund. Hopefully you are getting taken care of.

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #10,467 of 16,326
I have discovered my Spotify noise problem was being caused by charging and/or downloading.  I haven't heard the noise in months out of the balanced jack.  Then last night I was listening while downloading music and charging and the noise was back.  I unplugged it and changed to stand alone mode and the noise was gone.

I have an early Japanese model and I have not had problems with the jacks.  They did not seem loose until I plugged in an IC cable with the huge connectors, then I could feel a little play.  I did rip the cable out of the socket 2 times by accident and luckily had no problems.  I did the JB weld fix about a month ago just in case since I have no plans of returning the unit.

I have the X1 stacked with a Creative E5 amp 90% of the time; I bypass the E5's DAC and use it as an amp and EQ.  The E5 has a tremendous amount of bass; it's like adding and extra sub to your earphones.  The E5's EQ is on the chip and not a program, so I use the EQ with the stock player and Spotify.  It's a way better EQ than most of the programs out there.  The rest of the time I use the X1 out of balanced mode, which sounds great but is lacking some bass for my taste.  I know most people don't want to carry an amp also, but the E5 is Bluetooth so you can put it in a backpack and still control it from your phone or laptop.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #10,468 of 16,326
Just being a little curious here, do you guys prefer to use 24/192 PCM files or DSD64 files on DP-X1? Some of the albums I own have both DSD64 from SACDs and 24/192 (or 96) from HDtracks or Qobuz. I personally prefer 24/192 files because they somewhat sound warmer and fuller compared to DSD64 files that sound cold and analytical despite what basically everyone has to say about DSD files. It's the same whether I listen on DP-X1 directly or via Mojo (although DoP). What's your pick?

Jul 22, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #10,469 of 16,326
  With digital filters, upscaling and other settings, as you set your dp x1 for the best sound quality?

There is no "best sound quality" settings. If there was, Onkyo would just hard code it to such. The options are there to figure out what sounds best to you. You may want to detail what type of adjustments you want to hear like more warmth or more treble extension. Once you do, I'm sure there are many folks here who can recommend different settings to get you there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back