1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Maybe the best post I have seen in months.

No flaming just aiming.
    You nailed it.

If ONKYO does this right it's
    gdfgf_zpshauurlgk.gif

My Note 4 battery drain is manageable but man...c'mon....can anyone get this **** right?

2. the wizard of oz
    Thinking the same thing. I was kind of waiting for iBasso's next flagship, but I'm still a bit worried the OS won't be as stable as I'd like it to be.
    Onkyo has my confidence, I have quite a bit of gear by them, that still brings me daily satisfaction. Looking forward to reading the first reviews.

3. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    ^ Your worried the OS won't be stable with Android 5.1.1, Snapdragon 801 CPU and 2GB ram?? Trust me you have nothing to worry about at all.

4. musicday
    Does anyone knows what type the screen is?

5. eddiewww
    Having just bought an A&K Jr.. i am glad that i can return it to Amazon with no issues and wait for the DP-X1 !!

Anybody in the UK looking to get an A&K Jr keep your eye on the  "warehouse deals".. its going back as new in box and still shiny along with case!

Until then i'll slum it with my HTC OneM8..

6. Yubacore

Thanks for this post, it really answers some questions I had gnawing in the back of my head.

I'm thinking about getting serious about portable audio and trying to identify and weigh the pros and cons of a high quality dedicated player vs smartphone+dac/amp solution. I had been thinking that convenience and UI is a huge plus for the smartphone solution, but not sure to what extent since I have absolutely no experience with DAPs.

I'd be very grateful if more people can post their opinions on the subject. I'm looking at DAPs in the +/- $1000 price range, and amp/dacs all the way from E17 to the Chord Hugo, to pair with a pair of quality CIEMs.

7. Joe-Siow
    I believe it has been mentioned that the successor to DX100 is at least 1 year away from fruition in the DX100 thread. 

I've had several DAPs but the ageing DX100 is still a keeper. Let's hope the DP-X1 can relieve part of its load.

8. the wizard of oz
    Read again. I was referring being worried about iBasso's next flagship DAP OS, not Onkyo's.

A bit underpowered according to these technical precisions in German language: 2x 75mW under 32Ω... More of an IEM DAP?!
    I'm shall be keeping my DX100 then...

9. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    ^ Oh no doubt the Onkyo won't be able to compete on power output with the brick which is DX100, but refinement is another story. It's not an iem dap... 75mW is more than enough for the majority of headphones, Calyx M has 70mW output power and does fine. Sure if you are trying to power 300-600 ohm then best to look elsewhere, for everything it will be fine imo.

10. the wizard of oz
    I have noticed that a lot of power in reserve does help, and gets you closer to a desktop amp experience.

11. viper2377
    Curiously waiting

12. Replicant187
    the price and release date can't come soon enough.

13. Joe-Siow
    My personal philosophy is simple. I use a DAP primarily with my CIEM or TG334. It can occasionally be used to drive cans, but for cans to shine and reach their potential, I play them through desktop amps. 

(C)IEMs with DAP, cans with desktop amps. It's that simple for me.

14. T.R.A.N.C.E.

I know what you mean, but I gave up on that kind of dream from a dap, a decent portable amp would outclass a brick dap like DX100 or HM901, so in my opinion a dap is better of at aiming to be perfection with headphones that are efficient enough, and breaking out the portable amp if you want some heft, this way you get the best sound quality for both types of headphone rather than a compromise.

15. kawaivpc1

He meant he's worried about OS of iBasso DX100's successor. DX100 was far behind its time when it came out in 2012. Some devices from 2010 still have better OS than DX100's.
    I hope they don't commit the same mistake again.

Onkyo's DX1 will feature similar spec to that of Samsung Note 4. I think this will cover till Android 8 upgrade.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last