1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Mak0

This will most likely happen.
    It costs as much to upgrade the OS on an existing hardware than to adapt a new version of Android on a new DAP.
    Economically speaking, I don't see why DAP manufacturers would do it knowing that it's not even a standard practice for phone manufacturers.

Of course one can dream.

2. harmonix
    The specs and internal design of this X1 looks like a real bruiser.
    Let's see how it compares to the Sony ZX2 though I suspect ZX3 is just around the corner.
    Now Time to see AK scramble!!

3. kawaivpc1
    Yes... it's about time. They have charged a price of used car for a device that has worse firmware and design than a $50 prepaid cellphone. Technology isn't meant to be used like that. 

4. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

AMEN to that!

5. doublea71
    Geek Wave backer here. This looks like an excellent alternative should I decide to sell it. Crowd designed products take too long to come to market. By the time the GW is ready, there will be many options in its league, I'm afraid.

6. nakedtoes
    Oh my god... looks like the big players are coming in... perhaps marantz coming DAP too? cambridge audio? LOL

Just got my HM901S.. i think i should avoid this thread. 

7. audionewbi
    I love to hear a marantz dap.

8. xEcuToR
    Hope these are affordable, considering they are providing state of the art hardware for android devices (sans screen) circa 2014Q1. 

9. xEcuToR
    If the Implementation of ES9018K2M is as good as Resonessence Labs implementation of ES9018-2M, then we will have a great DAP in our hands, since there are so many DAPs and portable DACs already in the market with ES9018K2M 

10. xEcuToR
    http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140219005524/en/ESS-Technology-Demonstrate-SABRE9601-World%E2%80%99s-Highest-Performance#.VfrwfGQyZK8

Hope there will be more implementations of this DAC & AMP duo. 

11. Alje
    "Oh my god... looks like the big players are coming in..."

All the big players have seen how much people will pay for a DAP,  thanks to A&K,  and want a piece of the pie.
    Gold rush time!

12. marcelino96
    Almost bought AK100II then I saw this thread. Thank God I haven't paid for it hahaha!

Seeing the spec makes me happy already. Hopefully this will come out soon and competitively priced!

Surely a game changer if its less than $1K

13. ezekiel77
    Subbed. So much potential.

14. audionewbi
    So who is willing to take one for the team when it comes out?

15. alvink
    I'm on the same boat as well.  I placed an order for Harmony's so they should be shipped out in a week or two. Gona do a comparison with my ASG 2.5  (I have a feeling I will like the Harmony's more, although Aurisonics still claim that 2.5 are their flag.)  

Also waiting to buy a Fiio X7,  but the ONKYO DP-X1 just made my jaw drop...  Might have to pick that one up and do a comparison with  ONKYO DP-X1 vs Fiio X7 vs Sony Zx2 (LDac)

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last