1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Hawaiibadboy Contributor

Whuuu.....did you demo it?

thumb-14479905-36165092-1.gif

Looks sexy like a mo fo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onkyo-DP-X1-Digital-Audio-Player-Top.jpg

Dopaminer likes this.
  2. T.R.A.N.C.E.

That is only based on some of the prototype pics of DP-X1 which do not represent the final product. When both are released you will find they both have the same build quality, and are actually most likely both built in the exact same factory.

If anything the finalised Onkyo DP-X1 will probably have a nicer finish than the Pioneer. Remember that Onkyo owns Pioneer (AV division) aka Onkyo is in control of the Pioneer dap, which is also why the Onkyo dap is the flagship in specs, and the Pioneer dap is the lower model.

3. Ivabign

Dude, it doesn't even have its chamfers on yet [​IMG]

masterpfa likes this.
  4. Ritvik
    I think Onkyo's DAC HA300 is around 500GBP. So I'm guessing this will be a bit more expensive. Very tempted by it already though.

5. beemarman
    Will I be able to connect this to my Hugo?

6. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    More info: DP-X1 even when running single ended still has two advantages over XDP-100R.

1. Dual dacs of XDP-100R are still in play whether single ended or balanced is used, while XDP-100R is single dac.

2. The more interesting advantage of DP-X1 is that it uses ACG (Active Control Ground) when used in single ended, meaning the second Sabre Amp circuit is not going to waste in single ended! This gives another advantage to DP-X1 over XDP-100R even when single ended, where XDP-100R only has the single amp circuit.

DP-X1 uses ACG in single ended to take advantage of the second Amp thus utilizing the entire Amp circuit. This is an industry first. Other daps or amps that implement balanced literally only use half their Amp circuit when used in single ended mode.

For Balanced the DP-X1 is using BTL output (Bridge Tied Load) between the two Sabre Amps.

audionewbi likes this.
  7. Tobias89
    The onkyo dp-x1 looks good!!!!

8. alamakazam
    any usb otg external hdd support for the onkyo?

great to have such feature

9. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Sure why not.
    Yes it will have usb otg.

10. Mak0
    subbed

Any info on the following bits:
    - Replaceable battery ?
    - USB DAC when plugged to a computer ?

11. Joe-Siow
    While I understand that the DP-X1 decodes DSD natively as a USB DAC, does it plays DSD files natively or DoP on DAP mode? 

12. noshortcuts
    Well it it wasn't obvious already, this if the final nail in the coffin for people like me who have invested in the future Geek Wave. This will look better, have as good or better tech, and could be less money and deliver sooner. Oh well, live and learn.

13. Mak0

Yup... Good thing I had doubts about the wave project, despite the spec being all-you-could-wish-for, saved me a bullet.

Lesson to be learned for crowd funding : invest only when the prototype is already done and the only remaining phase is the mass production.

Back on topic : I hope we can have more info soon and if god is among us, even an onkyo representative on head-fi!

14. Edric Li
    One sad thing is that the 2.5 mm TRRS jacket seems to become the industry standard... Lotoo is using it, and now Onkyo.

I hope it was a 3.5 mm TRRS (Hifiman) or mini 4-pin XLR. 

15. kawaivpc1
    I really wish these guys offer continuous upgrade to Android 6, 7, 8...
    DX100 is pretty much stuck at Android 2 and will not going to upgrade any higher. 
    I hope this doesn't happen. 

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last